Shizuoka in Spring - A Z shorty micro layout

FSHBWL

Thank you all for your kind comments, really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, RossDensha said:

Silly Question: Did you make the lower box with the controls yourself? If not, where did you get it from?

Yes, I did it by myself and it was not too difficult to do (I did not have any prior experience with that). The wooden box measures 20x20x6 cm was purchased at a craft shop and got three layers of acrylic paint. The aluminum frontpanel was designed with the free online software of a professional frontpanel service and ordered through their webshop. It's not overly expensive, but you can achieve a good result also by designing and printing it on a piece of paper, attaching it to a cut-to-size 2mm polystyrene sheet and putting some transparent adhesive film over it for protection.

The pwm controller was ordered through Amazon and works really well (although I did replace the rectangular direction switch with a different one which required only a round hole for installation). Look for "LEDMOMO 1203BB 6V 12V 24V 3A 80W DC Motor Speed Controller (PWM) Adjustable Reversible Motor Driver Switch". The controller and the lights are both powered by a 9V battery. See photo below for the set-up.

Cheers,

Christoph

Shizuoka9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1