Mini electric screwdrivers

cteno4

With my myriad of hobbies I’m always screwing and in screwing tiny screws. I have a number of nice jewelers screwdriver sets I use all the time. But one element that can be hard, especially with slotted tips is when you go to reset your fingers for the next rotation you can easily loose the slot. The smaller the screw the easier the movement of a breath can do this. Even jewelers screwdrivers with the rotating end butt To keep pressure down can easily slip. 

For small, but not tiny screws I have a nice little geared down electric screwdriver (use to be about $12, now $20), it works well and not super fine tips but I have a few hand Screwdriver sets that use 4mm hex tips that I can use in this one. I’ve screwed hundreds of small m1.4 self tapping screws into wood with this with ease and rarely stripped any heads.

https://smile.amazon.com/General-Tools-500-Precision-Screwdriver/dp/B002XZLTQO/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Mini+electric+screwdriver&qid=1597005607&sr=8-5

But it’s a bit too bulky to do the tiny screws. Lately I noticed there are new ones out there now. Nice lithium battery and just recharge on a usb charger (most things are no longer providing chargers just the cord needed to standard usb plug).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X7CZJ91/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s nice as slim like a thicker pen. Not too fast on the turn and you can pulse it a quarter turn at a time When needed near the end. Easy to keep pressure on the screw while holding it like a pencil in your hand. Solidly built of metal and has a nice heft that is good to help quell any jiggles that a light tool can do. Just replaced the nose pads on my wife’s glasses in about 1 minute, I started with a slotted jewelers screwdriver and after the tip slipping out like 3 times I used this for the first time and shazam both screws were out and then back in with new pads installed!

Clutch would be grand, but on this small and inexpensive of a tool way too much to ask.

Tip set is nice, wish it had a p000, but I have those in other tip sets. The socket set is really nice a dealing with small bolts comes up often and usually no room to fit in a wrench (if you have one that tiny!) so socket is nice. Even a very strudy and watertight case! 

I’ll work on getting some of my small chucks mated up to an appropriate tip so I can also use it as a powered pin vise.

Decent price for what looks to be a quality tool. I’m a happy camper!

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1