Question on Current Status of EF65-2000 Locomotives

Greetings All:

I have searched the forums and have not been able to find any information on the current status of JR EF65-2000 series locomotives. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I missed something in the search. Would anyone have information on the current status of the EF65-2000s? Active and/or stored roster information and currently assigned location would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any information that you may be able to provide.

Best regards and be well,

Cliff

roadstar_na6

The easiest way to access relatively up to date info is to just translate the Japanese Wikipedia article. Other than that I‘d search Google with some Japanese Terms like Status, Active or stuff like that 😉

Thanks roadstar.  I have done that.  The Wikipedia stuff is mostly 2019 data with a bit later.  I'll keep trying though.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

According to the Japanese wikipedia page, as of 2016 there were 36 EF65-2000s in service.

EF65-2000s are actually EF65-1000s retrofitted with a train data recorder (a sort of "black box") wich is mandated by law for operations above 100Km/h.

Currently, all of JR Freight's EF65 are of the -2000 subseries.

Thanks Socimi!  I was aware that the 1000 series had been renumbered into the 2000 series when they had locomotive event recorders installed.  I did not know though that the 2000 series were the only ones still active.  Thanks again for the good information.

My best regards,

Cliff