New Type of Glue

Tony Galiani

Sounds interesting. I’ve used a few pressure sensitive glues (PSA) in the past. Nice for some things. Usual suspect is the woodland scenic glue you can use for figures and trees the same way. My guess this stuff is basically the same stuff. It’s sort of a rubber cement that is not based on a strong solvent. Dries clear and can be relocated once or twice after placed.

jeff

It’s called accents glue. Goes on kind of like white (PVA) Elmer’s, but dries to sort of a firm rubber cement. Low VOC so not smelly. It’s a bit flexible so if a figure gets nudged it doesn’t break off. I wouldn’t call it a true PSA that you could reposition many times but it will a few times. Like all PSA it slowly picks up schmutz on each sticking and will loose some of its stickum ability each time.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/A198

one issue is it doesn’t hold on some figures forever. I’ve done a bunch on temp figure sets on colored papers for some events and over the years a few figures (guess very small contact glue point) will slowly get drunk and list a bit. Flexing of the paper some when these are picked up I’m sure doesn’t help and I think once starts to lean a little gravity and time cause them to move to the passed out position...

looks like noch has one as well

https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Noch/61121.aspx

im guessing they all use the same stuff.

i went looking for a PSA a while back that I could use on bigger stuff, but didn’t find much. The stuff you found may be the stuff we used to use with foam core way back on exhibit models. We would just make small depressions in the foam core face and add a dot of PSA glue in the depression and let it dry. Then you could just stick the piece anywhere. It was handy for messing with temp walls and such and when playing with lighting for photos, no messing with tape all the time and it came off the foamcore and chipboard well.

jeff

• Like 1