Ohani30 lighting?

AlexTakeo

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum.  

The kato 5002 is sadly an older model, and was made before kato had designed coaches fit interior lighting.  I also suspect they are glued together rather than the snap construction that more recent models use.  I've tried to get mine apart but haven't had much luck, however if you remove the trucks you can see that they do not have any method of power pickup.  

If you really want to add lighting, you may be able to slip a small screwdriver through the end doors and pry off the roof.  You'll probably have to either create your own or install a battery style lighting kit like the one rapido uses.  It might also be possible to cut holes in the floor and use newer kato trucks (like from the oha 35 series) that have power pickup.  Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for your answer! Well, i thought it because trucks have a place to put electrical pickups, but chassis dont have openings for it. Well... I tried to pry off the roof but I feared to broke this little jewel, I didnt know its even possible.

I will give up to light this old cars for now... (I want to use a C56 or C50 in a small layout, I havent enough room for it).

Best regards and stay safe!

P.S.: If someone get sucess to light this kind of passenger car, please contact me!