Discovering the joys of JMRI scripting

Pandemic in California is a bit out of control which means mostly stuck at home. I really need to be building my layout but the actual layout building and scenery stuff requires sighted help which I don't have at the moment. So I set about understanding DCC wiring, block detection and automation. Here is a video of 4 trains running on a double track loop and trying to use a single available platform alternately. Block detection is done by a bunch of NCE BD20 block detectors. Kato turnouts are controlled by NCE Switch-Kat stationary decoders. The logic is controlled by a JMRI script. I did this as a learning exercise and the layout is temporary. That is my excuse for poor wiring hygiene. I have already dismantled one third of the temporary layout to make space for my modules. I really appreciate the flexibility that Kato Unitrack offers. So easy to experiment. Anyway, here is the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkqXca3is2Fvtltf60MVRidBcw_E4sL4/view?usp=sharing

• Like 5

That's really impressive Kiran!  Automation is a dark art, but its amazing when you can pull it off.  It really makes the layout come alive!

• Like 1