C62 locomotive Scale drawings?

BlaxlandAlex3

BlaxlandAlex3

I see. What I was really after is being able to just make the image larger, simply so I can very quickly and easily hold up parts to it and compare to see if they would be the right size, but I guess you cannot do that. Thank you all for your help!

BlaxlandAlex3

Ok, ok. One more and I promise I'll stop!

Is this correct? It looks like it is the right size stacked up against some of my bigger engines....

C62 1-80th scale (2).jpg

EDIT: put the mantua drivers up against it, FLAWLESS FIT. Printed at 65%. Looks like I'm going to be building a C62!

Frame will need extension

Valve gear will need modification

The entire body will need to be custom built, as well as the tender.

Now we are getting somewhere!

Edited by BlaxlandAlex3
BlaxlandAlex3
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Is what correct?

jeff

Sorry for not clarifying. The other drawing was to 1/100. This drawing appears to be to the correct 1/80th scale. I was asking if the scale is correct, but I'm pretty confident it is.

Well that depends on what resolution you are printing it out at.

exactly are what are wanting to do with these drawings? 

You can print either drawing by scaling the drawing in your printer settings until you get it to 1/80. Takes a little trial and error but you just need to get the coupler to coupler length to 268.4mm (21475/80) on your printout. Then measuring anything on the drawing will be at 1/80 measurement.

on the first drawing it would need to be scaled up 125% to get it to 1/80 scale printout (May need a tiny fine tuning).

if you want to scratch build something like this i would look at some books on scale model building to Lear the basics of doing all the various calculations you may run into and have a good handle on it before diving into a project like this. Kev may have some suggestions on books to look into, he is a real master scale modeler.

Jeff

BlaxlandAlex3

Thanks for your suggestions and info. I have been modelling for a long time, and think I have the experience. Of course, I would love to have assistance and help along the way. Thank you!