Trainini z scale magazine

Glad Pingvin

Glad Pingvin

I don't know if it has been linked before but I stumbled upon this free downloadable German z scale magazine yesterday which also has an international edition in English.

https://www.trainini.de/Downloads.html

I haven't had a proper read and it obviously looks quite German centric but it may serve to inspire and inform.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Glad Pingvin said:

I don't know if it has been linked before but I stumbled upon this free downloadable German z scale magazine yesterday which also has an international edition in English.

https://www.trainini.de/Downloads.html

I haven't had a proper read and it obviously looks quite German centric but it may serve to inspire and inform.

Thanks for the link and info. I didn't know about this online magazine and it's really great 👍

Glad Pingvin

June edition of Trainini magazine is now available in English. Some interesting articles in there, if I had the money think I might have to start a German layout.... Maybe one day...

Tony Galiani

I really like this magazine - I have the web site bookmarked and check it out each month.  There always seems to be something to inspire when I read it.  Great read amd I am so impressed with some of his ideas such as using the plastic tubes to make the tea bushes.  I have been rather busy with the return to campus for the Fall term but this makes me want to get back to working on a new project!

Tony Galiani

One of our club members did some nice tea plantation rows by using those one sided corrugated cardboard pieces that just have the ridges on one side. He painted the valleys earth brown and ridges green, then painted glue on the ridges and sprinkled on the green foam. Voila nicely formed rows of tea bushes fast! Other one I’ve seen is using the skinny green pipe cleaners and then adding ground foam. This works nicely if you want to do the hillside plantation with them contouring along your hillside.

jeff

Pipe cleaners are great for agricultural uses.  That was the foundation for this little vineyard scene in 15mm (c.1/100 scale):
VineyardCamp.thumb.JPG.bbf3b8383e248a26a324bd5cf9003535.JPG

• Like 1