Hello from China

Nozomi329

大家好/Hello guys

I'm a college student currently studying in the US. My home is in China, and normally I go back home during the summer and Christmas, but due to the virus I probably have to stay here until Christmas or even graduation...

Most of the trains I have are Chinese and Japanese trains (back in China). After starting college in the US I also got a few US trains.

Chinese trains are not a major topic here, but if anybody has interest or needs help with them I will see what I can find.

My user name comes from one of my favorite Shinkansen trains:

IMG_20171231_144548(1).thumb.jpg.e86ee57fdb0d84e42d27fca79ea2c582.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome Nozomi!  Looks like you've got a good collection already.   The forum may be mostly Japanese prototype, but a few of us (myself included) have fallen for the temptation of Chinese models too.  Glad to have you aboard!  I think I may have a QJ builder's plate somewhere too...

• Thanks 1

Ni Hao Nozomi! Can I ask whether there are new models of the CRH? They're the first bullet trains I've ever gone on, and I'm wondering if there are new miniature models of them available

• Thanks 1

Hey Nozomi, welcome!

glad you found us. Plenary of folks here have interests past Japanese trains and we welcome your knowledge of Chinese trains and models!

sorry you are stranded here, but it sounds like you are making the best of it and get yourself graduated!

cheers

jeff

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AhmadKane said:

Ni Hao Nozomi! Can I ask whether there are new models of the CRH? They're the first bullet trains I've ever gone on, and I'm wondering if there are new miniature models of them available

If a static first car or 3 car model is good enough for you, there are a lot of them on Taobao and covers most CRH train types. However they are static and might come with some shape/paint error.

The only available motorized N scale CRH model at this point is the CRH380AL from Kunter. I think I saw a post here about this model. Besides, the CRH2 is highly based on the Japanese E2-1000. Several Chinese modelers managed to paint the kato product into the CRH livery.

For HO, Bachmann made a 5 car CRH3 set almost 10 years ago. It's a nice set but is really hard to find. PIKO made a 4 car CRH3 reskin from their ICE3. MTC and Moonrail all made CR400AF trains.

• Like 1

Hello Nozomi329! Nice to you to join us! That is a LOVELY Arigato 300 series you have there.... Sweet! 

• Thanks 1