Fleischmann Contact Switch help

AhmadKane

So me and my buddy found a treasure trove of old N scale Euro stock. Fleischmann, Minitrix and Arnold Rapido. (Disclaimer: I assure you, this is from my own camera)

287944.thumb.jpg.19f44a0d63aeab18c09d26d9f818e19d.jpg

Now there's track. I thought it was a magnetic uncoupler at first, but the description states that this is "straight track with built in contact switch." Something I have absolutely no idea how it's used or what it's for. There are instructions, but it looks like an Austrian translating something from German to Austrian and Google translated everything to English. 

Can anyone explain to me in layman's terms what this is for?

roadstar_na6

From what I can tell this could be used to automate certain electric powered functions like switches or signals. The train drives over this and the rail sends out energy to the connected item.

Here is an English manual for it.

Oh and btw, Austrians and Germans speak the same language 😄

Edited by roadstar_na6
19 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

I think you might find some disagreement on that 🙂

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

From what I can tell this could be used to automate certain electric powered functions like switches or signals. The train drives over this and the rail sends out energy to the connected item.

Here is an English manual for it.

I still don't understand how the diagram works tho. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, the train would pass through this spot in the track, and the turnover/signal would switch automatically? Does that mean we don't need a switchbox, we could just attach this to the DC output and wire it unto whatever it is it's turning on and it'll move it automatically?

roadstar_na6

As far as I understand it, that‘s right. Just try it out, the diagram in combination with the text explains it pretty good 😄

Edited by roadstar_na6