Hello from London

Comedypilot

Comedypilot

This will be my first attempt at Japanese N gauge and a few weeks in,  building a 4ft x 2ft exhibition layout to take to model rail shows. love the Kato track and ease at which many of the buildings can be made.  Building a three tier layout with subway under the main baseboard. Tram and moving bus on baseboard level and raised JR line. Set myself a target to up cycle packaging kato and other items come in and made skyscraper out of a platform box and a city Japanese landscape garden out of the tomytex tram system cardboard box which is 80% finished, just needs pavements and people added to lower section See photos.  Subway station finished and put on drawer system to get to the track with ease.  Sourcing moving bus track is proving hard, there seems a world shortage, only need 4 pieces to finish circuit. Hate kato couplings. Will send more photos of layout as it progresses.

6E144A9D-81A3-4729-A769-34CA6DE977C7.jpeg

23180763-2819-4AFA-BA66-0771033E1C6F.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi Comedypilot,

Welcome to the forum, you have some very interesting architecture going on there. I am looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Joe

Welcome comedypilot!

glad you found us! Looks like you are working on a fun project. That’s the joy of modeling japan as trains are everywhere and you can find prototypes for all sorts of things! 

Start a topic on your new layout in the layout forum, we all love to watch things take shape and of course borrow ideas and inspiration!

cheers

jeff

Comedypilot

Kool, have started one. Yesterday put a outline of the plan but all on one level.  Nice big opening under baseboard for my subway line.  Spending today kit building Outland buildings and awaiting city billboards and signs to arrive in post to add decal.  Spent hours on web over last few weeks trying to source city building hoardings on loads of Japanese sites and found a supplier who is only other side of London.

4174FF5A-FCE0-4009-AFEC-A5464557F64A.jpeg

Comedy,

make sure to give lots of access points to your subway! Everyone I have know doing a subway has cursed at them when trying to access them to rescue trains, fix track or clean track. The usual quote is “I wish I had made it easier to get to!”

cheers

jeff

Perfect! That’s thinking! One friend had his drop off the bottom of his layout to get access but it was a royal pain to lower the whole unit under the layout, drawer would have been much better!

jeff

Comedypilot

Added the decals from the city scene pack that arrived last week to the same style Outland building they have on their website.  Pleased with results.  Added a door frame to the shop front by cutting part of the shop name.  Here are my before and after shots.  Anyone know where I can buy the pavements and actual tarmac roads seen in many of the photos featuring Outland models

1D3835E8-2330-4177-AE6B-90DB6DF47A7A.jpeg

F7CBDC10-81D2-4F45-ADD7-8A0CDCA9158F.jpeg

C992C7B2-BC76-4380-B928-CE2977B48F82.jpeg

• Like 1