Japanese road vehicles in Z scale?

Hello everyone,

I've been looking around for Z scale models of typical Japanese road vehicles - taxis, small open vans,  compact cars, buses etc. - but there does not seem to be anything on the market, unlike N scale or even T-Gauge, for which there exist some quite useful sets (https://www.tgauge.com/section/4/3/accessories). I know that the choice of European and American style Z scale cars is already quite limited, but still, nothing that could be used on a Japanese themed layout?

Is there perhaps someone who is aware of anything out there (apart from paper cut outs)?

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks for the info! I was not aware of this manufacturer. Some interesting European and American car models.

It’s somewhat mystifying to me that none of the Japanese Z scale manufacturers seems to produce any road vehicles. Rokuhan is doing level crossings, traffic lights and guard rails, but no cars to put on the streets...

kevsmiththai

Here is a picture of the Hino with the only two Japanese models Laszlo in Hungary makes. The Mitsubishi Pajero and a Datsun 240Z. he lists these occasionally on ebay but mainly does American and European vehicles.

He hasn't got anything listed at the moment but searching for csikape normally finds him when he does

large.489599912_Kiha52.jpg.6aa14a61e812109f9e2f0a3f16265dd1.jpg

Kev

• Like 1

Hello Chris,

I am currently drawing up a set of 10 cars for my sisters partner. He owns a business making architectural models and is always looking for realistic modern cars. I said I would draw up a selection of cars in return for him cutting the baseboards for my layout on his laser cutter. He plans to 3D print them in the scales he needs then cast them in white metal. I will also be having a go at a Hino bus in Z once I have finished the cars. 

I am happy to see if I can get some Z scale cars cast. I have no idea how much it would cost but if you are interested I can keep you up to date on the progress of the project.

Joe

• Like 2

Ok, next time I see him I will ask what scales he is planning to do. I know he has made models in 1:220 before but I don't know if it's a common architectural scale. 

Joe

Edited by Kamome442
On 6/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, FSHBWL said:

Hello everyone,

I've been looking around for Z scale models of typical Japanese road vehicles - taxis, small open vans,  compact cars, buses etc. - but there does not seem to be anything on the market, unlike N scale or even T-Gauge, for which there exist some quite useful sets (https://www.tgauge.com/section/4/3/accessories). I know that the choice of European and American style Z scale cars is already quite limited, but still, nothing that could be used on a Japanese themed layout?

Is there perhaps someone who is aware of anything out there (apart from paper cut outs)?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris, in case you were still interested in Z scale Japanese cars, I can tell you that I built by myself some of them to place on my Doraemon's layout.

I attach here some examples.

Please note these cars were from a first production. Now I upgraded the production and I print them all with clear transparent windows. I think they are even more realistic.

Models can have front and rear lights using an optic fibers system.

You can have a look at my Doraemon's layout here. I have a list of cars I'm actually selling (not Japanese ones, but this not a problem), but I don't know if it's possible to put here links to commercial websites. In case you're interested, I can send a PM to you.

Last pictures are from my actual production, so you can se the differences from the first ones. 

Hope you like.

CIAO

Raf

Honda Z360_F.jpg

Honda_SMX_R.jpg

Honda Z360_R.jpg

Honda_CityTurbo2_F.jpg

Honda_CityTurbo2_R.jpg

Honda_SMX_F.jpg

Toyota_Corolla_2000_F.jpg

Toyota_Corolla_2000_R.jpg

Doraemon_006.jpg

Doraemon_016.jpg

BelAir05Lf.jpg

BelAir05Lr.jpg

500'70-09Lf.jpg

500'70-09Lr.jpg

Edited by MrZtrax
  • Like 5

These appeared on ebay in the UK recently

3 x KEI  pick up trucks. 3D printed by Spinneyworld. one is sheeted, one has boxes and the third has Gas bottles

large.Keitrucks.jpg.d236eacb980a8af9a7fcbf0c8804fe81.jpg

£6.99 for three. painted them last night and the only flaw is some layer lines on the windscreen. I'll clean them up after i have done Manchester show with Hakuho this weekend

I'm going to ask them to do a van version as well

Kev

• Like 4

Guess what? The guy from Spinneyworld lives in Manchester and is coming to see us at the show. And he is thinking of doing a van version

He does a Toyota Land Cruiser as well in Z

More soon

Kev

kevsmiththai

Just ordered the new Kei vans and also a couple of 'modern vans' look like Ford Transits

Pictures and review to follow

Kev

kevsmiththai

The 3D models arrived from Spinneyworld. Won't be doing antything with them straight away as the office is full of big lumps of 1/32 scale Thai railway wagons and the Keis could easily get lost. The Kei vans look as if the windscreens will need a bit of cleaning up the big van (Transit/Sprinter) looks really nice.

Actually the picture nicely shows the contrast between gauge 1 and Z

large.KeiTrucksandFordTransitsZscaleedit.jpg.76d490900f4f9fde8bf6efe1f241991d.jpg

More soon

Kev