Hello:

D4789

Hello - I joined a while ago but was not very active and never introduced myself.  I have been collecting trains off and on for the past 25 years (Mostly German steam).  I traveled and moved around for work so most of the trains never left their boxes.  In Nov of 2017, I took a trip to Tokyo and was amazed by all the trains, hobby stores and Railroad Museum.  Seven months later I purchased my first N scale train with the intent of finally creating a small temp layout.  I have since sold most of my other scale trains and used the proceeds to expand my N collection.  With some extra time at home these past two months I was finally able to complete my larger temp layout.

Fun Facts:

1.  Layout - DC only, Kato track and for some reason I put lights in every train.

2.  Trains - Mostly Kato, then Tomix, with a single GreenMax and a MicroAce.  All of my N trains are Japanese except for the Orient Express.

3.  I posted pictures of my temp layout in my Gallery.  Nothing fancy but it accomplishes my goal of actually running trains.  It is pretty much my whole bedroom.  Bedroom = Layout, bed and two lamps.
4.  Thank you for all of the great information that I have obtained from this forum.  
6.  Everyone is right - the trains seem to multiply like rabbits.  At least I don’t have to feed them.

• Like 5

Welcome d!

glad you have found good stuff here! Start a topic in the layout forum on your layout! Always great to see and hear about folks’ layouts and why they did what they did. 

well you do need to feed them your wallet! They have a horrible way of nibbling on your cash and credit card.

cheers

jeff

Hi there and welcome! 

That's a pretty neat layout you got there! Do create a new topic in the layout building thread as i'm sure there will be some who would love to see your layout in pictures and might even share some ideas and suggestions! 

Erm… I feel my collection is more like hamsters than rabbits... they multiple so fast I cant even recognise who are the 'original parents'!  😄

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

And, the orient express ran in Japan too. Kato has the Japanese version also, which you can recognize by the Japanese coupler cars. I think it’s 10-561 and 562

Hi Cat - I am near the Red Line.

Hi Yavianice - Thank you for the info.  I can add that to the growing wish list.

Hi cteno4 and JR 500 - I will add a layout topic in the next few days.  When I first started my plan was to purchase just two trains and have them run in a simple double Kato Viaduct (V13) oval.  Then the rabbits started ...

Also I forgot #5 in my first post.

5. I like Joyful trains, Named passenger trains and Koki 106/107.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, D4789 said:

When I first started my plan was to purchase just two trains and have them run in a simple double Kato Viaduct (V13) oval.  Then the rabbits started ...

LOL LOL LOL LOL yeah right! I’ll just have one potato chip!

jeff

• Haha 1