Gallery update

Darren Jeffries

Darren Jeffries

I have just updated the gallery to the most recent version. This adds more functionality such as mass download of pictures in an album and other little snippets of goodyness.

Should you find a bug or something not working as it should, please do let me know ASAP.

Many thanks

Darren

Seems to work pretty fine but too bad we loosed the nice forum message embeding function. I quite like the way it was working before, you just had to click on the image embeded in a message to make it bigger without calling a new page... also it was automatically centered. Could we have it back? :)

Darren Jeffries

Yeah i noticed that on Serenity's discussion thread. I have posted the question over at SMG's forums to see if anyone knows why its gone.

Will update you when i have any answers.

Hum... I looked again but didn't find where to paste a youtube video url. So, if you were able to managage that we are  confronted to two possibilities. Whether my eyes can't find the thing or, my browser don't enable this function. I'm on a new computer and I'm still running IE.

I'll check again later.

Claude_Dreyfus

Either the upload facility has changed, or I'm missing something, but I am unable to upload images to the gallery...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

CaptOblivious

Someone else was complaining about being unable to upload photos today (although they didn't specify if it was to the gallery, I suspect now that it must have been). There must be an issue somewhere generated by recent backend updates. I'll investigate tonight.

Claude_Dreyfus

Don, sorry for not responding sooner...unfortunately yes. Is there an upload button anywhere. I have uploaded before, however cannot recall how I did it. Either something is missing on my forum access, or something is missing between my ears!

Darren Jeffries

You need to go into a folder first and then you'll see the option to add an item. Here i went to the "Your Fleets" folder. Note the option to add an item approx 1/5 down the page on the left.

Gallery.jpg

Claude_Dreyfus

As you can see below in my screen-print, the upload options are not there... Not too sure how I can get these back... ???

post-141-13569924313918_thumb.jpeg

Darren Jeffries

That is weird... I am going to escalate this to the more tech savvy of the admin team. I have looked at your permission settings and according to those, you are good to go... so no idea what is going on.

In the meantime could i ask all members to check that they see the upload file option, and if not report back here.

Thanks

Ive tried all 3 PC I own and cant upload any photos.  Tried IE, google chrome and firefox but no luck.  mass download doesnt work either.  didnt have this issue 2 weeks ago.

CaptOblivious

Ive tried all 3 PC I own and cant upload any photos.  Tried IE, google chrome and firefox but no luck.  mass download doesnt work either.  didnt have this issue 2 weeks ago.

Hrm, no problems uploading or downloading here. Using Firefox on a Mac. Could you describe the problem in more detail? Do you get an error message?

CaptOblivious

Interesting. How big is the file you are trying to upload? It might be too big, perhaps?

Well, I think you got it sorted out. That's the first time in months that I can post a picture in one of the general galleries. :)