Problems with TOMIX TCS Automatic Crossing System II

MtlHobby

I bought recently a new TOMIX TCS Automatic Crossing System II, part number 5569 and I quickly went to try it.

Unfortunately, I could not make it work and I don't know what to do.

It stays all time with the barriers up, no lighting and no sound, whatever happens with the sensors.

I first installed the crossing with two sensors. Installed as shown in the instruction book, one on the left and one on the right.

No change in status, no matter what signal is received from the sensors. 

Then I installed the crossing with four sensors (with DIP switch #1 set down).

No change in status, no matter what signal is received from the sensors.

I also tried to reset the crossing. No change.

I tried to setup the sound (by switching power ON/OFF/ON). This works fine, the crossing generates all the 8 different sounds available.

I tried to reset the compensation mode (by switching power ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON). This does not work.

Any advice?

Should I contact TOMIX and request warranty repair?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Does it correctly execute the power on test sequence? All lights should flash, and the barriers should go down then up once after power on.

Negative, no power on test sequence.

When powered on, it lights-up the lights (no flashing) for a few seconds and the barriers stay up all time. 

7 hours ago, Madsing said:

Are you using a Tomix power supply? Do you have any way to check the voltage?

Yes, I use a power supply Tomix N gauge 5506 TCS power unit N-1001-CL.

I tried also powering the crossing with the TNOS Control unit T-CU01 and with one of the ND units T-ND100, with the very same result: no power-on test sequence.

I did not measure the voltage, but after testing the crossing with all these power supplies, I suppose voltage is ok.

What is the required voltage?

I will try to measure later today.

39 minutes ago, Madsing said:

It's 12VDC.

Voltage is ok.

Measured it.

Not sure how do warranties work here in Japan.

Bought the crossing on March 23rd.

Do I have to return the broken crossing back to the store where I bought it and they will take care of it?

Or am I supposed to contact myself TOMIX customer support?

I do not speak Japanese, and I don't know if TOMIX customer support can speak English.

Any idea on this subject?

Hopefully retailer can replace it for you. Tomix do have an enquiry page on their website should you have no joy with the retailer. It’s only in Japanese although it can be Google translated to make it easier should you need to.

I think in most cases they inform you to send it to them. Website states a 6-8 week wait but this may be the worst case for busy periods.Ive just been through this process and they were extremely helpful should you need to go down that route.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, MtlHobby said:

I'll go tomorrow to the retailer to see what they say.

It was easy, however there were no similar items in store, so they just refunded.

I'll buy it another time, when available.

• Like 1