Tomix rapidos - magnetic?

Morcs

I read somewhere that the standard rapidos on tomix locos are magnetic to work with magnetic couplers.

I can't find anymore info though.

None of the magnets in my house (limited to fridge magnets) can confirm this, but on inspection it looks like there is a magnet in there?

Can anyone confirm, and if so I'd assume they would work with the Kato uncoupling track 20-032?

Also do wagons have them?

IMG_20200531_212919.thumb.jpg.edb9ee52110d75d231e1bc721997aa97.jpg

Edited by railsquid
fix typo in title
disturbman

I’m not home, so I cannot check, but I’m pretty sure they are. The locomotives come equipped with rapidos and there is a set of TN couplers in the box. I don’t think there is another pair of working couplers in the box.

Locomotives [*] do indeed come with magnetic rapido couplers, here's one from an ED61 (cat. no. 9114) reclining under the influence of a magnet:

tomix-magnetic-loco-coupling-ed61_9114_01.thumb.jpg.5495ca0921e9cf33c4e97e69b6704590.jpg

[*] (unless of older design, not far how back, certainly the springworm era ones don't)

As far as I'm aware, wagons don't have them and mostly come equipped with normal Arnold couplings in pockets held in place by those somewhat old-fashioned metal clips.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Locomotives [*] do indeed come with magnetic rapido couplers, here's one from an ED61 (cat. no. 9114) reclining under the influence of a magnet:

tomix-magnetic-loco-coupling-ed61_9114_01.thumb.jpg.5495ca0921e9cf33c4e97e69b6704590.jpg

[*] (unless of older design, not far how back, certainly the springworm era ones don't)

As far as I'm aware, wagons don't have them and mostly come equipped with normal Arnold couplings in pockets held in place by those somewhat old-fashioned metal clips.

Thanks, I'll remove them and do some testing to be sure.

For wagons I know tomix do sell them for retrofit so all good.

Anyone have part number for magnetic rapidos to fit tomix wagons?

I could swear I'd seen them when I posted this thread but can't for the life of me find anything now...

TN couplings aren't suited for shunting apparently, hence preference for rapidos

On 6/21/2020 at 7:08 PM, Morcs said:

Anyone have part number for magnetic rapidos to fit tomix wagons?

I could swear I'd seen them when I posted this thread but can't for the life of me find anything now...

TN couplings aren't suited for shunting apparently, hence preference for rapidos

Bump, anyone?