TOMIX EH500 Running issues

emkay_777

Hello All,

I have a Tomix EH500 that will run silky smooth, then slow down with a vibration noise (difficult to explain).  Will happen at different speeds.  I've lubricated the drive gears to no avail.  I think the shaft might be loose or dry in the bushings, however, I can't get to the bushings to inspect.  I'm kind of at a loss on how to get the shells off, as the connecting drive shaft in 'die locked' between the 2 door openings.  I think I have to remove the 2 middle trucks but I don't know how they are attached to the frame.  Any advice would be most welcome.  Thanks,

Evan 

tomix eh500.jpg

tomix eh500-1.jpg

roadstar_na6

maybe this can help regarding taking the body off?

Edited by roadstar_na6
  • Like 1

Perfect - Thanks Roadstar, that's exactly what I needed.  Took it apart and was kind of surprised at the drivetrain.  The only bronze bushings are on the motor, none supporting the worm gears.  Anyway, they were well greased so I just applied some light oil to the motor bushings and reassembled.  Seems to run fine now.  Oh, if you have one you need to take apart, mark the top of the motor before you do anything else.  If installed upside down, the direction of travel is reversed - ask me how I know . . . Anyway, here are a couple of reference pictures.EH1.thumb.jpg.3eaed5bdfdd34fc329821bff0a132101.jpgeh2.thumb.jpg.ca95c628578b3a4ed0aa1598bc593149.jpgeh3.thumb.jpg.9a2f165b9f2dddc2637920106615d0b0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1