Information sources about German trains?

gavino200

Could anyone recommend some good sources about German trains through the years? Websites would be optimal, but I'd also like to find books, YouTube videos etc. 

Ideally I'd like to see something that categorizes trains through time and region, with pictures of different trains. Sites in German would be ok. I can read German at about a B2/C1 level. 

Information/pictures based on either real life or models are both fine. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

The best book we've got on hand here is the old 2000-2001 Märklin Catalogue, it does give a fair amount of information.

• Thanks 1
Yavaris Forge

otherwise there are some german railfans in this forum as well. Just ask, they might know some things you won't find that easily on google.

• Like 2
roadstar_na6

As much hate as there is for Wikipedia it also has lots of articles regarding railway stuff and usually you can check referenced articles and websites for more information.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Yavaris Forge said:

otherwise there are some german railfans in this forum as well. Just ask, they might know some things you won't find that easily on google.

Yes, there are a ton of very knowledgeable Germans and Germanophiles here who have helped me a bunch. Rather than pestering them, I'd prefer to delve a bit deeper myself to fill out my knowledge.

5 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

As much hate as there is for Wikipedia it also has lots of articles regarding railway stuff and usually you can check referenced articles and websites for more information.

I actually love wikipedia. I grew up with "World Book" encyclopedia, and actually used to read the thing a lot. Whatever anyone says about Wikipedia, it's much better than any encyclopedia we had in the past. 

• Like 5