Making Umezaido Signboard Building Series Assembly Videos1/80

bill937ca

Umehakudo's 1:80 scale paper structure kit.  Video by Monthly RM MODELS Comprehensive model information magazine

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1
Martijn Meerts

They glue small detail bits on there as if it's the easiest thing in the world. If I do that with Sankei kits with clamping things in place, they'll go everywhere they're not supposed to go 😄

Also looks like they're using spray adhesive for things like the strips on the roof an such, pretty good idea actually. Really good final results too.

The chap is definitely an uber skilled modeler and done a lot of these! the time lapse always makes it seem so easy and quick! 

I’ve often thought it going to spray adhesives for sankei walls but they can be so unforgiving at times. You have to do the spray one side and place while still wet so you can tweak into place. The tend to set up in a really fast little window this way. 

with ho you have 4x the surface area binding so what is a detail in Ho has a lot more binding surface.

on sankei small bits I usually use a micro applicator brush to apply the glue and try to make it a thin layer as thicker blob tend to get you into that moving around situation when you push it down. That also why I moved to using those hair clips to hold larger parts together when needed as their pressure is just enough to keep things from separating or moving but not hard enough to do that moving around as pressure is applied (ie stronger clamp or weights) over time.

jeff

This is great to see as there has been a number of articles of his work in RM models over the last few months. The airbrushing of a sand colour to blend in the colours is a nice touch I often miss.