TomyTec Buses what happened?

inobu

Is there a list somewhere or some other way to tell if a bus is compatible with say a BM-02 or other motor? It seems a lot of the bus releases don't explicitly say whether they are compatible - at least on the outer packaging. I've seen some older, out-of-stock buses at some of the sites I peruse that do mark which motor they are compatible with. But, being out of stock, those aren't too helpful, haha.

Edit: Just saw another thread on here saying that the buses that aren't marked are probably incompatible with the motors. That's a shame. Another question I have though is if anyone knows what the major differences between the BM-02 and BM-02R are? Would a BM-02R bus work with a BM-02?

Edited by arkh

Thanks, that's good to know. It seems it's a bit hard to find these motors for a good price, at the moment, so just trying to make sure to do some research before I potentially buy anything.

JR 500系
6 hours ago, arkh said:

Is there a list somewhere or some other way to tell if a bus is compatible with say a BM-02 or other motor? It seems a lot of the bus releases don't explicitly say whether they are compatible - at least on the outer packaging. I've seen some older, out-of-stock buses at some of the sites I peruse that do mark which motor they are compatible with. But, being out of stock, those aren't too helpful, haha.

Edit: Just saw another thread on here saying that the buses that aren't marked are probably incompatible with the motors. That's a shame. Another question I have though is if anyone knows what the major differences between the BM-02 and BM-02R are? Would a BM-02R bus work with a BM-02?

There isnt exactly a thread to know which bus model goes for which motor, but in general, if there isnt a symbol that reads 'BM-XX compatible' then probably it cant be motorised. I discover most recent models does not allow the motor chassis, probably due to the fact Tomytec might be dis-continuing the system altogether.... The Official Tomytec site is by far the best data base around to my knowledge.... 

Side note though, the BM-03 seems to work with most tourist type buses, since they come with a wheel base that can be lengthen and shorten to suit the bus model... 

The R behind the number, example BM-02R, is just a newer version that is said to run better, so yes a bus model suited for BM-02 will also run with a BM-02R motor~ I'm still awaiting Tomytec to do a re-run for the chargable battery type since mine died a long time ago and it's such a pity with the new releases of those articulated bus models....

bill937ca

I think the bus chassis might be reissued, but with Coviv who knows when.  There was footage of a new bus chassis in one of the long Tomytec videos with the two nerds talking, well really one nerd talking and the other nodding hi hi.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Haha 1

@JR 500系 Thanks, I did end up just checking the Tomytec site to see which one's are compatible with what. It's a bit hard to peruse though unless you have something specific in mind. I wish they just had a list showing which motors work with what.

That's actually really cool about the BM-03 being adjustable. I'm not the biggest fan of tourist buses but that would be something I might want to try out. I assume that means there might be some tourist buses that aren't explicitly labeled as compatible with the BM-03 that may work then?

@bill937ca I saw that video! I do feel like that means they will come back to the bus system at some point in the (hopefully near) future. I guess all we can do is wait until an announcement, though.