TomyTec Buses what happened?

inobu

I was charging the 160's and started to look on line and could not find very many. What happened. They stopped making them?

can't find the PortTrams as well.

Inobu

The US buses have been available in Japan within the last six months. I think Walthers has stopped importing Tomytec.  Either Moving Bus is on hiatus or has been largely cancelled by Tomytec as it has been hard to find  in stock for some time.  The buses are still there but not the powered chassis or roadway system.

Tomytec is still producing new Japanese buses, but they never give a chassis reference.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/254/0/1?Make=Tomytec

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1

I recently got a notice that the x-001 intersections were available from HS, they were gone again in a few days.  Do they sometimes find old stock or did tomytec make some recently?

Does anyone have any information on the status of the TomyTec Bus line?  I have a few operating right now and would like to add more. Have they stopped producing the chassis? If so then no need for me to get any more buses.

The last time I saw the bus motors available was in January 2020. Hobby Search had BM-01 and BM-03 (https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241015) in stock (not BM-02 and BM-02R), but that didn't last long.I suggest you use their "Notify when available" function to get an email when these items are available again.

I purchased a few BM-XX a few weeks ago from Rail Gallery Rokko (https://rg-rokko.com). Great guys. Always willing to help. The bus accessories are not listed on their English web site, but you will find them on their Japanese site here: http://www.railgallery-r.com/n-main_1/02_N_TOMY_Buscolle.html

I checked just now and they only had BM-03 available. Just contact them by email if you are interested.

• Thanks 2

Have there been any further updates on the bus motors?

It just seems so odd that Tomytec would keep making bus shells but stop production of the parts that actually made them useful. 🤨

Maybe they are quietly letting the powered bus chassis and the roadway pieces go out of production. Does anyone know if they are in the 2021 Tomix catalog, or other information that would show that they plan to continue these products?

Rich K.

• Like 1

Yeah especially the one with the Lipo battery, the articulated one... It's almost impossible to get it except on the basic set with tracks.... My Lipo battery died and it's impossible to get a replacement... 

On the other hand, the body shells recently produced doesnt seem to be compatible with motor chassis, perhaps Tomytec is really moving in the direction of dis-continuing the moving system.... 

I am also afraid that Tomytec is quietly discontinuing the bus system. I was not planning on buying more motors, though. I have purchased the latest Bus Collection (Toei Bus Special) that has just been released, but I have not received it yet. Does anyone know if any of these nice buses is compatible with the bus motor?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Madsing said:

I am also afraid that Tomytec is quietly discontinuing the bus system. I was not planning on buying more motors, though. I have purchased the latest Bus Collection (Toei Bus Special) that has just been released, but I have not received it yet. Does anyone know if any of these nice buses is compatible with the bus motor?

Yap it looks to me that some buses are compatible with bus motors, as seen on the video here:

I linked it at the time where the bus motor compatibility chart is being shown.... 

Plus point, the above video shows the special in this box set (@ 8:37 mark on the video) But yeah, having a secret variant will always sacrifice one other model, and in this case, the Toyoto tour bus drew the shortest straw....

Would this mean Tomytec would look into the motor chassis more? 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes! Thank you JR 500系. At least four of these buses are compatible with BM-01. Good news.

There is also hope to see a rerun of the BM motors, or even an upgrade?

Frank Blascheck

In Germany I was told that Tomytec can no longer deliver, I don't know the reason.
I have now ordered bm-03 from Amazon in Japan.
You only get a chassis with a lipo battery used and then expensive.
I myself now have 2 with Lipo and two with battery.
Unfortunately I can't speak Japanese, but what I've read is that Tomytec probably uses Faller chassis.

• Like 2

Just received the Tomytec Bus Collection Toei Bus Special from Hobby Search.

This is the complete motor compatibility list. I suddenly need 9 BM-01 😮

Scan.thumb.jpg.ae8626c40663b2958117738a7c5d1be7.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! I received mine today too! Did you get the secret variant? 

And i must say i really LOVE the box!!!! Aint it cute? 

20210104_162346.thumb.jpg.0e424e8c2efb6e2ba1f375cf64534b65.jpg

20210104_162352.thumb.jpg.c584bace1a1f1dadce086fc3d98650f8.jpg

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice! I received mine today too! Did you get the secret variant? 

And i must say i really LOVE the box!!!! Aint it cute? 

No, I didn't get the secret variant, unfortunately. Do you know which proportion of the boxes have the secret variant?

The box is cute, I agree. I don't know what to do with it, though. It's the first time I purchase a complete set and I have also purchased the corresponding storage casket.

2 hours ago, Frank Blascheck said:

on ebay BM-01 is just 2x one in Japan even

Far too expensive. I'll just hope for a rerun from Tomytec...

If you see it and can get it, get it. I'm regretting not getting a few things thinking that they will be there later.

EVA 500 for example.....Trams.......

After seeing your post I checked Amazon and saw a BM-01 and just got it. Now, I have a motor for the spare shell.

it was 30% higher but I guess that the penalty for pausing.

Inobu

• Like 1

It’s kind of annoying when so many of the buses Tomytec release are compatible with motors. 

I need a few more BM-02s and at least 1 or 2 BM-03s, not to mention some bus stops. I guess track can be made but are bus stops just using specifically placed magnets to stop?

I wonder if they’re planning something else or redesigning something that’s generally a pretty nice simple system, apart from availability.

Maybe a TNOS for buses? BNOS??

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
On 2/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Kamome said:

I wonder if they’re planning something else or redesigning something that’s generally a pretty nice simple system, apart from availability.

Maybe a TNOS for buses? BNOS??

That will be mighty interesting!! 

I'm hoping for them to make more articulated bus motors though... There are more and more articulated bus models but the motor is not available anymore.... The Lipo battery on mine had died too...

Takara Tomy (Tomix,Tomytec) seem to have a close relationship with Faller but not sure their usual system would sell well, as most of the Japanese market don’t have permanent layouts.

I’m hoping it’s not a case of the product not being commercially viable. 

I recently discovered the Tomytec bus system. I was lucky enough to buy a starter set in Spain for 100€. Not a bad deal. Then, I started the research for more accessories, like bus stops and chassis. Due to the lack of them, or the high prices, I decided to buy a second starter set at Mercari.

spacer.png

I paid a little more than the first one, but at least I'll have two buses and two stops. Seems that I still could have access to some roads, so I'm somehow happy 🙂

Edited by lluisgib
  • Like 3
Tony Galiani

Modellbahn Kramm has listed new bus sets from Faller as well as a new chassis made by Tomytec for the MB buses.  Maybe this means that there will be more bus products available from Tomytec.

I have a layout idea I would like to try using the Tomytec bus system - not that I need another project to my pending list ...

Ciao,

Tony Galiani