Work bench

gavino200

Yes too neat for a workbench! 

I think it should be named “Big Baby”

jeff

• Haha 1
On 5/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, chadbag said:

In all seriousness I am sitting at 4 of the smallest ones (since the smallest table tops are almost free compared to larger ones).  I have both my work computers, my soldering station, and space where I've been working on trains.   My R/C workbench (which is currently overflowing and so is storage, but before that state was reached was used regularly as a work bench) is a larger one.  We have a couple of the smallest ones upstairs with a computer and the  kids music stuff.

As Jeff said, you probably don't want to be using a sledge hammer on stuff sitting on it but for normal model train work they are fine.

Hey Chad, did you have to pick these tables up at the store? Or did you have them delivered. I want to buy one for my 'paint booth" (cardboard box), but the Ikea website won't give me delivery options. It keeps directing me to pick it up in Texas. That's not the most practical thing for me. Any ideas?

50 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Hey Chad, did you have to pick these tables up at the store? Or did you have them delivered. I want to buy one for my 'paint booth" (cardboard box), but the Ikea website won't give me delivery options. It keeps directing me to pick it up in Texas. That's not the most practical thing for me. Any ideas?

I just picked mine up as we have an Ikea store about 20 min away.    I assume that is not practical for you.  All the stores in your state area are in the NYC area.

The table top is the INNMON and is the 39 3/8" x 23 5/8"  (in white they are only $8.99!) .  The legs are the ADILS at $4 each.    Except for the fact that the ADILS are out of stock from their shipping centers, putting in your ZIP let me set up a delivery (minus the out of stock legs).  It sounds like if they get back in stock you could have the whole thing delivered.

Edited by chadbag
typo on INNMON
  • Thanks 1

Right now only a handful of ikeas are open around the country. The rest are closed. They ship small stuff for cheap, but once past a certain size right now it’s being trucked (probably from the closest open ikea) ar $49. I looked a couple days ago about shipping a small side table and those were the only options right now

jeff

• Thanks 1