Kato Unitram City Layout

Tonytramman

So it worked, however there is an issue. The output is rated 15 and we know the models are rated 12 and they were getting rather warm so back to good old DC! 

Track is currently being shuffled around so watch this space..

I'm rather taken with a couple of controllers I've seen but not sure how available they are, need to do some research, I think they are Tomix look like proper tram controllers ... 

Edited by Tonytramman
21 hours ago, Tonytramman said:

I'm rather taken with a couple of controllers I've seen but not sure how available they are, need to do some research, I think they are Tomix look like proper tram controllers ... 

Which ones?

Rich K.

Think this is the final track plan, just need the kato 3 ways to arrive and away we go.

need to do some Marking up on the boards and glue them together in preparation. 
even the Tomix track cleaner behaved today.

F48EBE34-0F6D-4372-BE97-A444768551C0.jpeg

• Like 1

Had to move the depot to a more central area but pleased with it and it’s all wired. Took a while as I managed to get a feed the wrong way round and short the whole lot out, and a few other minor issues but happy now, just got to rebuild the city ..

F8E1B081-1F4E-4DE7-9BD0-F0926FC36D8D.jpeg

• Like 1

... so, I think I need to move the controls over and thus creating a larger scenic area.. just got to hide all that spaghetti..

84235AE9-B6C1-4A5F-9F1A-BB6E351D650C.jpeg

• Like 4

Shorty’s on depot awaiting full transfers, one sitting on kato chassis one on dummy that they come with.

what great models, literally was expecting to spend ages with glue and files but nope, cut from spruce, slight file push fit together, wonderful 

6A4A3A53-F4CD-49A8-AD06-C2F110509913.jpeg

• Like 7
Tonytramman

So been a while.. Buildings are returning, trams are running. 

Poles and fencing tomorrow..

IMG_5759.jpg

• Like 5
Tonytramman

bit of a more general view, it is very satisfying to have it all up and running again, planning next stages..

• Like 4
Tonytramman

general view towards terminus, also visible is the depot yard.i think the plinth-ed tram adds a nice touch. 1867350295_unitram1.thumb.jpg.9ff7e851cc5d69c3b742a40a35522951.jpg 

• Like 3