Kato Unitram City Layout

Tonytramman

Tonytramman

thought I would start a layout thread, it's an ongoing and sometimes slow project. I must be honest I love trams, didn't know a lot about Japan's until i discovered Unitram..!

..and so begins a journey ..

jp13.jpg

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tonytramman

..then it grew a little, added some greenery and bit of a back scene that I had kicking around. the big warehouse building is HO scale but looked OK if at the rear. 

got a few more buildings so ditched the green for a while..

the journey continues..

jp12.jpg

jp11.jpg

• Like 5
Tonytramman

..so the controllers, I ran out of space outside the layout area and so decided they will have to be part of the layout itself, so raised them slightly.

jp10.jpg

• Like 1
Tonytramman

indeed they do, and to be honest I quite like them incorporated into the layout, but more on that later ... 

Tonytramman

.. Just for a laugh, O gauge cattle truck,two Dino's and tramway personnel 😃 who says you cant have fun!

jp6.jpg

• Like 2
Tonytramman

got to do some actual modeling, simple tram stop at the front of the layout, on one system i have seen that there is just blue painted road ! I think a bigger type stop would work well next th the depot, also thinking of putting a high level rail line front to back over the open area's on the right of the layout to break it up a little.

plenty of inspiration about just got to build some bits, also fancy a go at the stair crossings that seem to prevail in Japanese cities...

Das Steinkopf
On 5/1/2020 at 8:22 PM, Tonytramman said:

.. Just for a laugh, O gauge cattle truck,two Dino's and tramway personnel 😃 who says you cant have fun!

jp6.jpg

Diagram W1 I assume.

Tonytramman

you could be right, to be honest i'm not 100% sure, picked it up at an exhibition a couple of years back for £10, needs a paint job and it is part of my O gauge micro layout stock which is totally inappropriate for this forum..

wu1.jpg

30 minutes ago, Tonytramman said:

you could be right, to be honest i'm not 100% sure, picked it up at an exhibition a couple of years back for £10, needs a paint job and it is part of my O gauge micro layout stock which is totally inappropriate for this forum..

No, this is not inappropriate for JNS. There is a Worldwide Models forum where you could post a thread.  O gauge is not common in Japan, but not completely unknown.  There can be something to be learned from modeling techniques in other scales and / or gauges.

https://jnsforum.com/community/forum/52-worldwide-models/

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1