Microace Nankai R-pit Pantograph broken

Aztecknight

Aztecknight

Hi

This is my first post, I need help on this, i hace been looking for the part and ai cant find it, does someone knows how to repair it or where can i buy the replacement part.

Thank you

Unfortunately, MicroAce does not produce any assembly parts.

You might be able to fit a similar pantograph from Tomix (you would have to cross-check the pantograph type on Wikipedia or other online sources). The other possibility is to find a cheap set or car from Japan in second-hand shops, like Yahoo Auctions.

• Thanks 1

I’ve had good luck doing this with pantographs in the past. It can be a little hit or miss on the exact base feet dimensions, but I’ve gotten ones spot on or just a tad off and either drilling new holes or gluing (yes I know I don’t like gluing them but when all else fails...). Over the years on hobby shop sales and from extra pantographs from making Tomytec and Btrain cars I’ve got a decent collection of spare pantographs that I can draw from for a start. I’ll see if I can pull my rapit out and match up any I have here for a part number for you. May take a little bit here, but hopefully I can find a close match for you to order.

exactly what is the microace box number for your set (starts with an A). There have been a few (and I think I may have them all) and I would suspect they all use the same part, but best to just use the same one to check.

jeff

• Thanks 1
Aztecknight

Jeff

Thank you very much for the reply 

The number is A-0750

I have plenty of time Im working from home 🙂

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

I’ve had good luck doing this with pantographs in the past. It can be a little hit or miss on the exact base feet dimensions, but I’ve gotten ones spot on or just a tad off and either drilling new holes or gluing (yes I know I don’t like gluing them but when all else fails...). Over the years on hobby shop sales and from extra pantographs from making Tomytec and Btrain cars I’ve got a decent collection of spare pantographs that I can draw from for a start. I’ll see if I can pull my rapit out and match up any I have here for a part number for you. May take a little bit here, but hopefully I can find a close match for you to order.

exactly what is the microace box number for your set (starts with an A). There have been a few (and I think I may have them all) and I would suspect they all use the same part, but best to just use the same one to check.

jeff

Ok I’ll work on this this week. It will probably be a while before there is decent shipping anyway for orders from japan. Hopefully we can find something close that will work.

jeff

• Thanks 1

Most welcome, maybe I can use it as an excuse to get my trains a bit more sorted. They are a mess right now!

jeff

From the looks any of the dual arm type would be usable or adaptable.   Pics of the rap:t compared to EF65, EF66 or similar show a similar pantograph (just looking at pics online of the real trains)

Aztecknight
23 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Ok I’ll work on this this week. It will probably be a while before there is decent shipping anyway for orders from japan. Hopefully we can find something close that will work.

jeff

Hi Jeff Thank You I followed your advice and I ordered  Tomix Pantograph that look almost identical