Yavianice

Severe Japan Post SAL/EMS/ePacket suspensions due to COVID-19! -> (Updated June 30)

bill937ca

EMS has really speeded up in the past 3-4 weeks at least from the Japan side.  Parcels are still sitting in containers on our side here.

paolo

I know it doesn't interests many people here, but Japan Post has resumed shipping (EMS and Air Small Packet) to Italy, yay!

And also to New Zealand.

• Like 2

Yavianice

First post updated to reflect the newest updates from June 30th.

Tony Galiani

Nice surprise today - my package from Model Trains Plus showed up in today's mail.  It was posted on April 7th so about three months to get here though most of that was spent sitting in the post office in Japan.

Pleased to get a few items for my current project, particularly the Tomytec power unit.  I can now run two trams on the layout!

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

• Like 6

Cat

Is domestic post in Japan running slow now too?

It seems like auction items are taking longer than usual to get to ZenMarket.  I have a bunch that have been two weeks now, and the oldest is a full month and not arrived yet.  Although, that just might be sellers who are slow to get the packages out.

railsquid
13 minutes ago, Cat said:

Is domestic post in Japan running slow now too?

It seems like auction items are taking longer than usual to get to ZenMarket.  I have a bunch that have been two weeks now, and the oldest is a full month and not arrived yet.  Although, that just might be sellers who are slow to get the packages out.

Not that I'm aware of. There was a blip around the time of the Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2020 when online shopping demand went way up but everything normal now.

• Like 1

bikkuri bahn

Domestic postal services as well as the package delivery services (Yamato, Sagawa, etc.) are operating as normal.

• Like 1

roadstar_na6

I‘m on the same boat than Cat tho. Stuff takes ages to reach ZenMarket instead of the usual 2-3 days. But maybe that‘s just sellers not shipping out stuff that often atm

Cat

No one wants to go to the Post Office in the rainy season?

I've been planning on getting all my stuff shipped by about 27 July before I start hitting the 120 day free storage limit on the earliest acquisitions.  At the rate things are going, all my current purchases may not have arrived by then.

Yavianice

Japan Post said today that while services are partially restored (see the previous update which lists the countries) there are heavy delays expected for UK, SEA countries and Mexico. About 3 weeks is their estimate.