Photos from my August 2019 trip to JPN

yakumo381

A few photos from my last trip to JPN in August 2019.

To start with DE10-1571 at Takasaki Station.

A soon to be endangered species with the coming of the DD200 series.

DE10-1571.png

DE10-1571 (3).png

DE10-1571 (4).png

DE10-1571 (2).png

Edited by yakumo381
wrong image size...
  • Like 8

Takasaki Depot in August 2019.

This combined JRF and JRE depot is easy to reach from Takasaki Station which is on the Takasaki Line out of Tokyo and also on the Joetsu / Hokuriku Shinkansen Line. The depot is approximately a 30 minute walk from the station (mostly flat) but worth looking at finding the best walking route on Google Maps beforehand as the shortest distance is through a residential area and the Takasaki Arena grounds There is a road that crosses the middle of the depot and the Takasaki Main Line,with two sets of crossing gates and which are good locations for getting shots of the depot buildings (especially inside if they've left the doors open) and stabled locos. The APA Hotel is good to stay at it is situated right next to the station, is a  reasonable cost and is clean and of good quality.

Takasaki_Depot 1.png

Takasaki_Depot 2.png

Takasaki_Depot 3.png

Takasaki_Depot 4.png

• Like 8

Locos at Tabata Depot and Oku Yard in Tokyo. Easily reached from Oku Station on the Tohoku Main Line out of Tokyo towards Omiya, Oku Station itself overlooks the JR East Oku stabling yard. There is a pedestrian tunnel adjacent to the station that goes under Oku Yard and comes out close to Tabata by the depot buildings. A relatively level walk, apart from stairs at each end, of about 25 minutes that is worth doing to get interesting views of locos in areas not seen from the station. JRE appear to have an ongoing battle with local rail enthusiasts who get carried away and trespass so there are a lot of fences about but usually of open mesh that a lens will fit through. As ever in Japan, be respectful, keep to public areas and you will have no problems.

Oku 1.png

Oku 2.png

Tabata 1.png

Tabata 2.png

• Like 7

Scenes at Shin-Tsurumi Depot by Shin-Kawasaki Station on the Yokosuka Line out of Tokyo. Easily reached from central Tokyo, the depot is easily photographed from the station, an over-bridge and a handily placed walkway on the side of a mall on the other side of the depot.

Shin-Tsurumi_1.png

Shin-Tsurumi_2.png

• Like 5

Further scenes at Shin-Tsurumi Depot. No attempts to cut down the grass or weeds appeared to have taken place...

Shin-Tsurumi_3.png

Shin-Tsurumi_4.png

• Like 5
15 hours ago, yakumo381 said:

Scenes at Shin-Tsurumi Depot by Shin-Kawasaki Station on the Yokosuka Line out of Tokyo. Easily reached from central Tokyo, the depot is easily photographed from the station, an over-bridge and a handily placed walkway on the side of a mall on the other side of the depot.

I've always liked the DE11s with the noise reduction skirts.  According to Wikipedia there are 4, and there was one 1900 subseries, DE11 1901.  I wonder how much quieter they are.

ND55 in the Nagoya freight terminal photographed from the station at Minami-Arako on the Aonami Line.  Easy to get to direct from Nagoya Station but you need to buy a return ticket as not covered by your JR Pass.

Minami-Arako_1.png

Minami-Arako_2.png

Minami-Arako_3.png

• Like 2

Tahnks for sharing!

I like the picture with the DE10 1705 in particular - I'm a glutton for brown engines!

On 3/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, yakumo381 said:

Takasaki_Depot 1.png

On 4/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, miyakoji said:

I've always liked the DE11s with the noise reduction skirts.

I wondered what they were for. And now I know - thanks! 👍

Mark.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, MichiK said:

I like the picture with the DE10 1705 in particular - I'm a glutton for brown engines!

In which case, here's EF64-1052 in all of its "browness" at Takasaki Depot....

Takasaki.jpg

• Like 3

Beautyful - thank you very much!

((Not quite so) incidentially,  I own the DE10 1705 and the EF64 1001 in z-gauge; both brown, of course!)