Coronavirus changing delivery procedures

bill937ca

8 minutes ago, AhmadKane said:

Hey, I'm from Indonesia, and decided to get into the forum, (yay).

I noticed that a lot of countries have been in suspension, as with the list given by @Yavianice. But Indonesia is not on the list, and I can't seem to find the postal condition of international mail to Indonesia. 

Can anyone help?

welcome!

please see my followup thread for the latest list of exclusions. Indonesia is also mentioned. No services suspended. Only delayed.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

welcome!

please see my followup thread for the latest list of exclusions. Indonesia is also mentioned. No services suspended. Only delayed.

I'm having difficulty understanding. It says Indonesia is under 2. All types of mail (36 countries/territories). Doesn't it mean that all types of main to and from Indonesia has been suspended? Or does it mean that I could still order from Indonesia and it will just be delayed a couple of days?

6 hours ago, AhmadKane said:

I'm having difficulty understanding. It says Indonesia is under 2. All types of mail (36 countries/territories). Doesn't it mean that all types of main to and from Indonesia has been suspended? Or does it mean that I could still order from Indonesia and it will just be delayed a couple of days?

The links are just for services from Japan. If you wanna know about Indonesia shipping, then you will need to loom elsewhere.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

The links are just for services from Japan. If you wanna know about Indonesia shipping, then you will need to loom elsewhere.

So that means, any mail I would get from Japan will be delayed then?

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, AhmadKane said:

So that means, any mail I would get from Japan will be delayed then?

Pretty much so, Australia is already bad enough and the only option for deliveries for here from Japan is via DHL which is expensive, I don't think the level of service to Indonesia would be much better if at all.

CDC has changed its advice on how the virus spreads as the New York Times reports.

The virus spreads mainly from person to person, rather than via contaminated surfaces, according to the C.D.C. For those who were worried about wiping down grocery bags or disinfecting mailed packages, the news headlines highlighting this guidance in recent days might have brought some relief.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/health/cdc-coronavirus-touching-surfaces.html

https://www.wbrz.com/news/cdc-virus-does-not-spread-easily-on-surfaces/

Fox news notes:

The change comes after a preliminary study from March suggested that the novel coronavirus can remain in the air for up to three hours, and live on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel for up to three days, prompting many to take to wiping down packages and other items. However, at the time, the study was yet not peer-reviewed, and, as Yahoo notes, did not determine if people could be infected from touching certain surfaces analyzed.

Dr. John Whyte, the chief medical officer for the healthcare website WebMD, called the CDC’s changes an “important step in clarifying how the virus is spread, especially as we gain new information.”

“It also may help reduce anxiety and stress. Many people were concerned that by simply touching an object they may get coronavirus and that’s simply not the case. Even when a virus may stay on a surface, it doesn’t mean that it’s actually infectious,” Whyte told Fox News in an email.

The news comes after The Food and Drug Administration in mid-April issued a statement saying that there’s no need to wipe down food packaging after you’ve returned home from the grocery store. (Getty Images)

“I think this new guideline helps people understand more about what does and doesn’t increase risk. It doesn’t mean we stop washing hands and disinfecting surfaces. But it does allow us to be practical and realistic as we try to return to a sense of normalcy,” he added.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces