Sharing my layout

drt7uk

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people who can I'm now working from home and thought I'd share my current layout. I'm renting from a friend so it's not a permanent layout (my OO gauge layout at my parents is on a base board with scenery etc) but I'm really happy with it. My favourite section is the temple section which includes a couple of Fujimi models I've built and some 3D printed Tori gates, as well as a zen garden I scratch built. I've got 18 trains, mainly Japanese (including Shikishima and the E5), most Kato, but with 3 US trains (Santa Fe, Big Boy, Norfolk & Western) and 2 European (Eurostar and a Crocodile). Hope you like it!

• Like 10

Awesome layout!  Making temporary setups like this is one of my favorite things to do with Japanese models.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I agree with you - I think the buildings and stations of Kato and Tomix are a bit more toy-like than say British OO gauge (in a good way) so think it lends itself better to temporary setups 

Thanks, nice sized layout! Temp setups are very fun. Yep most of the Japanese buildings are built to be handled and pooped around on temp layouts like this or then glued down and sceniced in place.

jeff

• Like 1