Btrain shorty lighting kits

cteno4

Ahh someone has started making Btrain lighting kits. Most all the older btrains had the arc cuts in the chassis floor for truck contacts to go thru and bandai had trucks with wheel pickups and truck contacts (all oop Now I think) so it seemed like bandai was going to make lighting kits but never did.

well just stumbled over these

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07WTSNF7R/ref=pe_8258952_391135552_em_1p_3_ti

Not horridly priced and you could dyi easily. Biggest issue is getting trucks with pickups. I have a half dozen sets nariichi got me before the bandai wen oop years ago. I’ve actually thought using one of the wheel wipe kits you could even just wire them thru the truck snap axle opening as if wires loose they should be able to wiggle around. Maybe someone will make a wipe/contact set for the Kato trucks.

cheers

jeff

About 40% normal length.

lots of room for lights. Easy to adapt your light boards. Mainly need the chassis to truck to wheel parts for power transfer.

jeff

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

About 40% normal length.

lots of room for lights. Easy to adapt your light boards. Mainly need the chassis to truck to wheel parts for power transfer.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering.    I'll be back on the DIY board some time this summer and be able to send them out.   Building a house (getting ready to -- still working on getting architect plans and getting ready to submit for permits etc) has been taking all my time.  I basically just need to get some sample values tested again and it all documented.  (If I can remember how it worked 🙂  )

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1