Macclesfield show still going ahead 14-15th

kevsmiththai

kevsmiththai

Following British governemnt advice and liaising with the school this weekend's Macclesfield Model railway show is still on. There are no School closures being enforced in England yet.

There will be two Japanese layouts there 

Hironocho in N and the debut of my Hakuho layout in Z

large.IMG_2348edit.jpg.5a161f43a6daf23c94afaaa4127a614f.jpg

Show details can be found online at

https://www.macclesfieldmrg.org.uk/exhibition/2020-exhibition-preview/

cheers

Kev

• Like 4
On 3/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, kevsmiththai said:

Following British governemnt advice and liaising with the school this weekend's Macclesfield Model railway show is still on. There are no School closures being enforced in England yet.

There will be two Japanese layouts there 

Hironocho in N and the debut of my Hakuho layout in Z

large.IMG_2348edit.jpg.5a161f43a6daf23c94afaaa4127a614f.jpg

Show details can be found online at

https://www.macclesfieldmrg.org.uk/exhibition/2020-exhibition-preview/

cheers

Kev

I checked out the website and it looks like a fantastic exhibition, good selection of layouts.

kevsmiththai

Yes, it is a good exhibition with a healthy selection of Continental layouts.The talk amongst the exhibitors is all about the shows coming up though. Alexandra Palace, York and the Quorn show on the Great Central, which are high attendance events, are looking vulnerable if a mass attendance event ban comes in. I've got Republic Steel at Sheffield and Maryport over the next few weeks and both those shows are held in schools so fingers crossed.

I'll post some pics of the layout next week but so far it is running fine.I've got a lumpy track joint to sort out in the morning before we open ( Random uncoupling on the Hokutosei set) and the D51s are struggling on one of the crossovers derailing the leading truck which I'll have to have a look at. Star of the show today was the Rokuhan C11 2-6-4T which has run like a little Swiss watch. I've noticed that with a pair of Tenshodo coaches behind the 'waggle' when it runs calms down

The best reaction has come from three separate  people who stood in front of the layout and said 'Do you watch the Sumo on NHK World?' having clocked the layout name. So we had quite a chat about Hakuho, Tamawashi and all the others to the bafflement of the layout operators at the side of us!

Kev

• Like 1