Ochanomizu Station under renovation

bill937ca

HankyuDentetsu
On 4/7/2020 at 5:41 AM, Ochanomizu said:

My favourite station.

I'd never have guessed 😂

Absolutely fantastic station though, and very much one of my favourites in the Kanto area.

That E353 though - goddamn it's a good looking machine.

Also will the E233 ever age? Absolutely timeless design, love it no matter how many times I see it 🤤

• Like 1

Hello,

Yes, E353系 is well designed in my opinion.  I was a big fan of E351系, 353's predecessor.  What do you think of E351系?

Also, even earlier, when I was a kid I used to take the 183系 to Tokyo.  That was a thrill.  It seemed so high-tech in its day.  I much preferred the blue livery to the red and cream, though.  While I admire 383's lines, I think there's a certain warmth to the older trains that does not seem to have been carried through to the 21st century.

• Like 4
HankyuDentetsu
On 4/15/2020 at 6:34 AM, Ochanomizu said:

Hello,

Yes, E353系 is well designed in my opinion.  I was a big fan of E351系, 353's predecessor.  What do you think of E351系?

Also, even earlier, when I was a kid I used to take the 183系 to Tokyo.  That was a thrill.  It seemed so high-tech in its day.  I much preferred the blue livery to the red and cream, though.  While I admire 383's lines, I think there's a certain warmth to the older trains that does not seem to have been carried through to the 21st century.

Oh man, yes the E351 is a beauty, too. The first time I saw one of these I fell in love. That digital display in the nose, that classic muscular stance - fantastic stuff. 

And of course, the 183 in JNR livery, well that's just a timeless classic that will never date, much like those that went before it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1