Scotspensioner

Pauljag900

Hi Gents,

just thought I’d let you all know that one of our members, ALEX RANKIN, aka scotspensioner, passed away quite suddenly on 29th dec 2019. 

Though we live 400 miles apart we had become  good friends through this forum. We used to email daily and he always had a story to tell.

He’d not been very well for a few weeks and I urged him to go and see his doctor,he emailed me on 27th December to ask me to stop moaning 😂😂 as he’d had the doctor out and was being sent to the hospital for tests, that was the last email he sent me.

I had a bit of trouble finding a way of contacting his family but then remembered I’d sent  him some stuff and I traced his address via PayPal.

I wrote to his wife about six weeks ago and tonight she rang me with the sad news of his passing.

Alex was a very active member on the forum as you all know,he was also a very wise and funny old man, can I ask you all to remember him when you next have a drink or go to church please, its very sad news and he ll be sorely missed by all who knew him,

RIP Alex,god bless you brother👍👍x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 9

Paul, 

I was very sorry to hear this. I feared this was the case when you contacted me about him earlier.

Alex was a nice member and seemed to be really enjoying the hobby in retirement. He will be missed here.

My condolences to the family when you next speak to them.

jeff

• Like 1