Another Cup Noodle Restaurant in Shibuya Station.

the future ala Ace Cook, Microsoft Japan, and iRobot Japan, a sucky cup of noodles you make yourself vs a decent bowl or ramen made by someone who can make it well. i love technology that is not solving any problems and just making something worse in the end. probably could have hired a ramen chef for a year on the money spent trying to do this joke. i hope it is a joke.

no thank you.

jeff

Wow, Showa-era vending machine technology combined with some gimmicky electronics and a mini-roomba... Excuse me while I fail to be impressed. Also who fills up the hot water dispenser?

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

yes true, and japan has a rapidly declining workforce as well. just feels like the future will be cup of noodles...

The future will be 85-year old ramen chefs. Well it's the present too, I swear every other day there's a section on one of the TV shows about some 93 year old lady still running the same restaurant her father started when the Showa emperor was wearing short trousers.

Having tried a few instant noodles...

Batchelors Super Noodles are actually ok. Quite what a Japanese person would make of them I can't say, but the bacon flavour ones taste pretty good when you've been out late and need food. Even when sober. The supposedly identical ones in a pot are nothing like as good as the dried brick-of-noodles in a foil pack with sachet of bacon flavour powder though.

I'm afraid Nissin Soba Classic didn't do much for me, it would probably have been better without the sauce packet as while that tasted ok at first it became a tad overpowering. Mostly bought a pot out of curiosity after researching SaHaShi 153s which apparently served Soba.

"Pot Noodle" was vile. Presumably it becomes edible if sufficient beer is drunk beforehand.