Do you want to meet ??

domino

Aye, Utrecht and Amsterdam is fine too. It's only around €35 from Cologne to Amsterdam and my parents still live in Utrecht, so another excuse to see them too as well.

If ever we end up meeting in Amsterdam I know a very neat Okonomyaki restaurant. ^^

I'll actually be in Amsterdam around the beginning of Jan 2010 ... however only for 2 days and with a group of people, so timing is tight. But I wouldn't mind a nice okomiyaki  :grin :grin

I may actually go do one of those pilgrimage routes where you walk 8-9 hours a day from one place to another etc.

That sounds great! </digression>

So is it DC or Japan or EU?  :grin

Maybe we should have a smaller group meeting first, one in N. America and one in Europe before going to Japan?

I like DC cause I live here, but Japan would be much better than DC. All we have is the Metro.

Well, a small meeting in Europe is already somewhat planned at March near Braunschweig in Germany with IG-NippoN. The other coming up is the Eurospoor meeting in Utrecht, the Netherlands IIRC.

As much as I like Japanese trains, my first visit to Japan will be more to see the old temples and castles and such, and not so much go hunting for trains. The idea is to spend as little time as possible in the big cities, and as much time as possible in the smaller, more traditional towns. I may actually go do one of those pilgrimage routes where you walk 8-9 hours a day from one place to another etc.

I totally agree, my first trip to Japan  must include some other stuff besides trains, and to go see the old Japan  will be fantastic.

Ok, it seems that there are thumbs up for small local meetings around the world before planning at combined trip to  Japan, so if any one on each continent would be the organizer of such a meeting we can get things going, or am i way ahead of my self ??

Regards

Domino

Brian

ok then, it seems that the spirit has died, well it was only at thought.

The thread is hereby closed, at least for me.

domino

brian