Converting Our UK Layout to Japanese - Yamanouchi Oshika

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

Well, the time has finally had to come. Yamanouochi Oshika had its final official outing last Saturday and has since been listed on Fleabay. If it sells, a good percentage will be ploughed back into a new layout. If not, then it will sadly be broken up for parts. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181394193903?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Claude_Dreyfus

There has been a distinct lack of pictures of Yamanouchi Oshika lately, so here are a couple from the High Wycombe exhibition last November.

IMG_2557_zpsa971df65.jpg

Much concentration...

IMG_2558_zpsb06ff183.jpg

IMG_2562_zpsb5f4c04b.jpg

IMG_2571_zpsaf40f10c.jpg

IMG_2563_zps45fe98b4.jpg

I would load some more pictures, but Photobucket is far more concerned with loading its advertising than the photos themselves!

• Like 1

Ah that's a pity... but hopefully you can get a good price out of it. Otherwise you can reuse many buildings and parts in a new layout right?

I would load some more pictures, but Photobucket is far more concerned with loading its advertising than the photos themselves!

You can just upload them as a attachment to your post or put them in the gallery! ;)
Claude_Dreyfus

Wouldn't even let me get that far. The option to select the address for the photograph is unavailable - or the photo itself is unavailable - until the advertising has fully loaded up. 

Claude_Dreyfus

Update time.

Yamanouchi Oshika did not sell on Ebay; however I was approached shortly after the auction had closed about selling the layout in its bare form without the Japanese structures. Therefore the layout was stripped over the weekend, and will be starting a new chapter in its life this Friday when it is collected by its new owner. Ironically, the layout is to be converted back to UK outline, therefore would have gone a full circle!

The buildings and structures were all mine in the first place, and will now be put into storage as a replacement for Yamanouchi Oshika is devised.

• Like 3
Krackel Hopper

Will the new club layout be Japanese? Or will the club be returning to the UK just like the layout?

The track plan for the (now sold) layout was a great design! I'll be very interested in seeing the new plans!

Claude_Dreyfus

The club is currently building an H0 model set in 1960s Berlin...rather different to Japan.

I am looking to kick off another layout soon which will be a more urban-set layout, exploring the area just outside of Tokyo station...still in N. I want to run my Bullets and suburban stuff now!

Love that station area on the layout with the upstairs parking. Really nice modelling! Look forward to progress on your new layout

Claude_Dreyfus

Thanks!

Not certain when work on the next layout will begin, but when work begins you'll read all about it on here!

Claude_Dreyfus

As the layout is effectively no more, I though it might be nice to show a number of videos from various Youtube sources of Yamanouchi Oshika at exhibitions.

The layout's final show - Rotarail in Fareham, southern England

A Kato 100 series Shinkansen attracts an audience at our club open day, last October

Yamanouchi Oshika at the High Wycombe exhibition last November - seen from 9:11

Horsham 2013 exhibition; from 5:24

Eurotrack at Eastleigh - February 2012: from 2:25

• Like 1