JRF Video Adverts

Cat

Nice compilation of corporate ads here.  Many great clips of freight terminals in action.  And KoKis, Mr. Rico, millions of them!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Cat said:

That happens a lot around here.
=^,^=

Its a interesting vid,, every time I watch one I get new insight!!   It is a truly beautiful country,

• Like 1

In contrast to the container terminals seen in the video, we came upon a small container port in Tokyo near Hamamatsucho.  Not a Koki in sight since it was not connected to rail - just a small area by the water with several stacks of containers.  At 4.88 MB the video is too big to post but here is a snippet from it.

image.png.165943f184a6d270e4bc5f8560140905.png

I am not sure if small rail served terminals like this exist but something small like this could be a nice part of a layout.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

In contrast to the container terminals seen in the video, we came upon a small container port in Tokyo near Hamamatsucho.  Not a Koki in sight since it was not connected to rail - just a small area by the water with several stacks of containers.  At 4.88 MB the video is too big to post but here is a snippet from it.

image.png.165943f184a6d270e4bc5f8560140905.png

I am not sure if small rail served terminals like this exist but something small like this could be a nice part of a layout.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

We've been digging into the Kashima Rinkai for modelling.  The Kamisu Freight Terminal is near two very small public docks for freight at either end of the channels:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kamisu+Freight+Terminal/@35.9134478,140.6221828,10616m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x6022fe405ce18449:0x1f737a1ab9466a66!2sKamisu+Freight+Terminal!8m2!3d35.9134437!4d140.6572566!3m4!1s0x6022fe405ce18449:0x1f737a1ab9466a66!8m2!3d35.9134437!4d140.6572566

Since we're not modelling the whole coastline, we'll condense the freight service for Ibaraki Shorty by modifying the small Ôarai ferry terminal to include a representative tiny rail-served container yard.

Thanks for posting that link.  I had been searching for something like this without success.  (My searching skills need improvement - note my response to Paolo's videos!)  I purchased some containers and those container loader tractors (not sure what they are called exactly) on my last trip to Japan, now I need to get some Kokis.  Looking forward to setting up a small container yard.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

3 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Thanks for posting that link.  I had been searching for something like this without success.

We just got lucky that the one of the railways we're researching happens to have this.  If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll see that the KRT has both the main Kamisu Freight Terminal and they also have a spur that wraps around the southern small public dock as well.
https://www.rintetsu.co.jp/freight

Toploader Forklift is what you're looking for (as well as regular Forklifts).  Best price we found was at Amazon Japan:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00OLDOR9M/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=A14N8RSEHPFUA&psc=1

Edited by Cat