Hello from Moscow

Dmitry206

Hello everyone,

My name is Dmitry and I live in Moscow, Russia. It's been I believe a couple of years already since I returned to the hobby, N scale this time.

My current stock mostly consists of German and Austrian models. Until recently ÖBB was my primary interest, mainly because a short trip to Vienna, particulary a visit to a train shop in 2018 triggered my return to model trains. 

We have long new year holidays in Russia and this year me and my wife travelled to Tokyo. We took shinkansen to Kyoto, NEX from airport and back and I believe we did several full rounds on Yamanote line.

And of course I visited as many model shops as I could find.

So, now I'm completely in love with Japanese railways and model trains, it may probably not last, but who cares)

I'm building T-Track modules, so I'm currently thinking of doing a Japanese section

• Like 7

Welcome dmitry! 

glad you found us! Sadly im afraid it’s a terminal condition (Well for your wallet) falling in love with Japanese trains and this forum just accelerates that.

love to see what you are doing with Ttrak, Japanese and otherwise. Great to hear Ttrak is going in Moscow. Is there a local club?

ironically we have a Dmitry here in our Japanese model train club here in Washington DC that is from Moscow.

cheers

jeff

Welcome Dmitry.

You will find the railways of Japan more interesting than you can imagine when you dig in to it. Although I'm modelling steam era Japan in Z everytime I watch an edition of Train Cruise or Japan Rail Journal (see links on the Japan pictures part of the forum) I get tempted to model some of the lines and and stock in use today.

Kev

Welcome,,, yes its a bug hide the money hide the cards Ha,,, The more you research the more interesting it gets!!   I have found a wealth of knowledge  in here,, every one  has an is great an always willing to answer my questions,,  

Comedypilot

Hi Dmitry

A few years ago I built a Russian winter scene exhibition HO layout which still tours the U.K. model rail circuit.

B747F1FE-9518-4B6B-BC8C-EF2BB90A23CB.jpeg

Edited by Comedypilot
  • Like 1