Kato 10-927 Tokyo Metro Series 01

biggulz

Hello - Its been a while for me on this forum but, as you know, life gets in the way. Anyway, I recently received this 6 car set thinking i would enjoy the fact that i could drop-in the Cab and Motor DCC decoders and off we go. The motor car install did not go as planned and it was at that point i discovered Sumida Crossing describing the exact same issue - DCC Kato Ginza - which is the EM-13 does not sit properly once slid into position (that lump of metal and the nibs between the motor and the truck slot prevents a flat seating.. You can also see from the pictures that, even after trimming the EM-13 width to clear the sides, I can not get the truck back on.

So it looks like i will have to wire in a decoder - possibly a small LokPilot. 

Anyone have any advice for wiring a motor decoder in the Ginza Series 01? Also it looks like the motor is protected by a plastic piece that i will have to remove to get to the motor contacts. Im hoping that it just pops off if anyone can verify if they've done that before.

Thanks and happy motoring,

Peter

EM13 Side View r1.jpg

EM13 Top View r.jpg

Length View MM r.jpg

Motor Long View r.jpg

Motor Top View r.jpg

Slot Left View r.jpg

Slot Right View r.jpg

Width View MM r.jpg

That does not appear to be a DCC ready train.  My KATO Hankyu looks similar IIRC -- been a while since I had it open.  You should be able to hardwire a decoder of some sort pretty easily I would think.  Just use the normal isolation techniques.