Webcams of Railways in Japan

HankyuDentetsu

HankyuDentetsu

Live Webcams of railways across Japan!

Inspired by Bikkuri Bahn's thread for a webcam near Saitama Shintoshin Station, I thought I'd post a few YouTube webcams that focus on - or at least heavily feature - railways across Japan.

Disclaimer: these links can be temperamental - the users seem to take them down and then resume with no real pattern or consistency, so apologies if a webcam is currently offline!

Feel free to add your own in this thread - I love watching them so the more, the merrier.

----------------------------

Kanto and the East/North

First, by far the most widely viewed webcam I've come across, covering the multitude of lines between Tokyo Station and Shinagawa (inc monorail and Yurikamome), as well as the Shuto Expressway. There's always something happening here (Live) :

Tremendous webcam just north of Shinjuku Station covering all lines in their glory (plus bonus live Yunika Bldg stream) (Live) :

A really good stream the multiple JR East lines near Akabane Station. The cool thing about this one is that it uses AI to detect and display what services are on screen at the time.Very impressive (Live) :

This user also captures regular videos of whole days worth of recordings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5uxiZBrhwFPwzlSfmdWQA/videos

Tohoku, Yamagata, and Akita Shinkansen spotting near Koriyama City (Live) :

JR Chuo Line between Toyoda and Hino Stations (Live) :

Chuo Line between Kasugaichou and Isawaonsen near Kofu (Live) :

Kansai and the West/South

Great live cam covering the Osaka Loop Line between Fukushima and Noda stations, complete with overlayed platform display from Fukushima Station. Unfortunately this user has disabled embedded videos. (Live) :

https://youtu.be/UmoKPpCfBRk

Lovely live coverage of all Shinkansen and standard rail lines in and out of Shin-Osaka Station (excluding Osaka Metro of course!). (Live) :

A real close up view of Hankyu Umeda Station (Kyoto, Kōbe, and Takarazuka mainlines)- without doubt the most interesting private railway terminal in Japan, and a personal favourite given my affinity for Hankyu 🙂. Jackpot if you get 5-6 movements in shot all at once. (Live) :

A fantastic live webcam of the eastern approach to Osaka covering the Yamatoji and Osaka Higashi Lines (Kami and Shinkami stations in shot). I love this view, particularly at sunset. (Live) :

Nagoya Station in all it's glory - what a beast. Unfortunately this user has disabled embedded videos. (Live) :

https://youtu.be/1AubAJTcNiQ

A lovely webcam of the Keihan Main Line between Chushojima and Yodo stations in Kyoto Prefecture. Keihan another favourite of mine, Chushojima a real charming station. Can't embed this one sadly. (Live) :

https://youtu.be/sSdWn95uzp8 

Osaka (Setsu City) Torikai Railyard, home to many of the Tokiado Shinksansen fleet. (Live) :

Webcam of the JR Kyoto line sidings near Mukomachi station (Live) :

Not quite so exciting, but a bonus webcam of the Grand Staircase at Kyoto Station (Live) :

Kanazawa Station Live Webcam - including the gorgeous E7 Shinkansen (Live) :

Edited by HankyuDentetsu
  • Like 4
HankyuDentetsu

New webcams added, links updated and refreshed! Please feel free to add your own webcam links if you have any - and I'll make sure to add new cams as I find them.

• Like 2
HankyuDentetsu

Updated! Several new webcams updated including Shinjuku Station's northern approach, Osaka's Loopline near Fukushima Station, and the mighty Nagoya Station in all it's splendour!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
The Birmingham train spotter

I've been on YouTube for almost 10 years now I remember seeing my first Japanese train video of the Famous Shinkansens "Doctor Yellow " and I was fascinated,recently I've been watching more live streams and I wanted to recommend some:

1) Osaka loop line live camera:

2) Kyoto line live camera

3) Fuefuki City, Yamanashi Prefecture live camera

Plus some pictures I took whilst watching a EH200 and a EF64

IMG_20211122_085014_kindlephoto-56304507.jpg

IMG_20211123_175006_kindlephoto-132597589.jpg

• Like 4
HankyuDentetsu

Thanks for linking my previous thread, Katoftw. 

After spending a lot of time pulling all the live streams into one place, I gave up maintaining it, as the links expire every few weeks. Most of the links in my original post are now dead unfortunately. Very frustrating!

On 11/27/2021 at 8:15 AM, katoftw said: