Sign in to follow this  
maihama eki

The Glue Looper

maihama eki

These are pretty useful for applying a small amount of thin glue - like CA or the usual glue for polystyrene.  I've made a conceptually similar tool with a fine wire with a tiny loop of at the end, but these are a bit more refined.

http://www.creativedynamicllc.com/the-glue-looper.html

I think they would work for applying small amounts of oil as well, but I haven't tried that.

• Like 1

cteno4

I’ve seen these but never picked any up to play with.

A trick I’ve used since a kid was to use a sewing needle, the eye end. Just poke the needle into a bit of dowel and it’s great for doing really tiny bits of ca glue. Maybe why I never paid for a looper! 

may work for oil. There is a tool for doing fine oils, called an oil pin that watchmakers use. basically a needle with Small ball on the end that holds a small bit of oil for precise application. They work well, I have a few different sizes.

cheers

jeff

cteno4

So curiosity got the better part of the cat here and I ordered some to play with. Not cheap but wondering if the v3 May be good for tacky glue and getting a thin, even applIcation on sankei wall joints. Toothpicks take several applications and using the pen applicator can be too much and too thick to use even a micro brush.

jeff

• Like 2