Viaduct single track: what am I missing?

Kiran

I am just playing around with some viaduct single track. But as you may notice in the photo, I might be doing something wrong. I connected an S248 to the beginning of the viaduct but it seems is too high. I am using 23-015 15mm - 50mm (1/2" - 2") Single Track Incline Pier Set. I have the gradual incline set too but haven't used it. They don't have the incline ramps like they do for the double track. Am I missing something? Blind guy taking a picture. Let me know it is not clear and I can retake.

IMG_2495.jpg

That is correct as far as I can tell, the single track viaduct set is rather steep.  There should also be a piece that clips onto the other end of the non-viaduct track to raise it and reduce the sudden grade.  They don't work as smoothly as the double track viaduct sets sadly.

Yes, as Kiha said, there is a small plastic riser that clips under the standard Unitrack straight. I think this is supposed to go in between 2x 248mm straight sections to give a smoother transition on the incline. As this is an older design, there is no substantial incline approach track for the single viaduct parts.

I would also add that your photo looks like the first pier (15mm) has been placed in the centre of the 248mm viaduct track so would be worth checking which has been placed here. Placing this at the join to the next track section would reduce the gradient.

Edited by Kamome