Unitrak incline plates for double track viaduct

Kiran

I am in a weird situation where I have the 23-048 Double Track Viaduct Incline Basic Pier Set but I am missing the  sloped double track plates that you use to connect ground level double track to the viaduct. I used the 2 plates on my office window sill layout.

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to get a couple of these sloped plates is to actually buy the entire 23-048 set? That really seems like overkill. I should probably look at making my own slopes with cardboard or something.

Takahama Trainwatcher

I'm very curious as to what you used the slopes for (without the rest of the incline set) on your office window sill layout.
This sounds like the perfect task for a  3D printer (I've never used one, but a slope would be a pretty simple job, wouldn't it?).

For awhile, there were 248mm incline tracks available separately, Part # 2003 (WS248INC), but I cannot find it on line anymore. Hobby Search has it listed as sold out and a note that production was canceled.

I should have a pair of the WS248INC incline ramps somewhere?  I vaguely remember getting it ages ago, bit I cant recall where they went.  I'll look for them later today and let you know if I can find them.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I should have a pair of the WS248INC incline ramps somewhere?  I vaguely remember getting it ages ago, bit I cant recall where they went.  I'll look for them later today and let you know if I can find them.

I'd be happy to take them off you if you have them and wont' be needing them.

19 hours ago, Takahama Trainwatcher said:

I'm very curious as to what you used the slopes for (without the rest of the incline set) on your office window sill layout.
This sounds like the perfect task for a  3D printer (I've never used one, but a slope would be a pretty simple job, wouldn't it?).

Here is a video of what I am trying to do on the window sill. https://bit.ly/2tprw2u

Didn't think of 3d printing but could be an option I guess.

• Like 2

Good news!  I found them, somehow they had gotten into my suburban station box.  They are designed to go with the older kato plate track but should work fine with the modern stuff.  I'll send you a PM about them.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, Kiha66 said:

I sold them to you, I might have some more - I just need to look for them, haha.

• Haha 1

I've sent the set I got from you off to Kiran.  After playing with them I might be tempted to get another pair though!

• Like 1