World’s Busiest Station: Shinjuku Station Tokyo | Giant Hubs | Episode 3

bill937ca

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

cant watch it lol

Its all over the internet. It is 6-7 years old. A google search should find you a version you can watch.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it appears to be only on YouTube and it’s blocked for the US there, probably rights issues. All the other places you probably saw it all linked to the same YouTube video.

if you have another link that would be great.

jeff

Yeah It’s the original YouTube video that’s blocked in the use. Most likely rights issue. Since google is based in the us they are stricter on rights issues in the us as easier to take legal shots at them.

jeff

Well this show is not 6-7 years old. Amongst other trains there is an E235 in the background.  It shows the station from the moment the doors go up in the morning, until they go down at night and go up again  the next morning. The show focuses on people in Shinjuku station. Platform staff (JR East and Seibu), a passenger, service agent, cleaning crews and the JR East Station Master.

It was made by Maximus Film GmbH 2018. A second name on the screen is Quintus Media, also German. I believe it was made for TV and runs 48:20.

This show is part of a Giant Hubs series  https://www.maximusfilm.de/content/giant-hubs

On you Tube it is on Quintus Media's Free Documentary channel.  http://www.quintus-media.com/interactive.php

It is unfortunate many of you can't see iit.

p.s. The YouTube video was posted December 29, 2019.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Great sleuthing bill! 

I wonder if one of the cable channels here in the us has licensed the series and thus don’t want it seen here yet...

thanks,

jeff

• Like 1

I found one that works, albeit on dailymotion. 😬

Actually, I'm not even sure if this is the right one.

Wow, dailymotion embeds too?

Edited by RossDensha
  • Like 2

Alas that is not the same one. I remember at least one other documentary on Shinjuku stations several years ago.

• Sad 1