Sign in to follow this  
RossDensha

New 'TH Liner' to run on Tobu line/Hibiya Line

RossDensha

A new liner service will be introduced to the Tobu Skytree/Isesaki line and the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, the TH Liner.

(T for Tobu, H for Hibiya, in case you didn't notice)

It will begin service during June 2020.

It will stop at Kuki, Tobu-dobutsukoen, Kasukabe, Sengendai, and Shin-koshigawa on the Tobu network, and Ueno, Akihabara, Kayabacho, Ginza, Kasumigeseki, everyone's favourite Toranomon hills, Kamiyacho, Ropongi, Hiroo and Naka-Meguro on the Hibiya line.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't stop at Kita-Senju.

From my quick read of the railfan magazine article, couldn't tell if some or all seats would be reserved, or if it will operate in a similar way to Tobu's TJ liner where the ticket tells you to sit (or stand) in the front or rear 5 cars.

The service will use new Tobu 70090 series EMUs that can convert between transverse and longitudinal seating, and because I never posted about these new trains, I have to post a video of one being delivered. 🙂

Video by Masaharu Aono. Set on its way from Kinki Sharyo.

https://railf.jp/news/2019/12/19/150000.html

• Like 2

bikkuri bahn

Interestingly enough, it doesn't stop at Kita-Senju.

That's because this is a rush hour only service, transporting commuters from the outer suburbs to the city core, and vice versa. Kita Senju is not a major destination for these commuters (it's primarily a retail services and residential hub, not corporate offices), and it is adequately served by many other trains.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Thanks 1

RossDensha

Right. So they'd only have a brief stop to switch crews.

Cheers

Edited by RossDensha