New 'TH Liner' to run on Tobu line/Hibiya Line

RossDensha

A new liner service will be introduced to the Tobu Skytree/Isesaki line and the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, the TH Liner.

(T for Tobu, H for Hibiya, in case you didn't notice)

It will begin service during June 2020.

It will stop at Kuki, Tobu-dobutsukoen, Kasukabe, Sengendai, and Shin-koshigawa on the Tobu network, and Ueno, Akihabara, Kayabacho, Ginza, Kasumigeseki, everyone's favourite Toranomon hills, Kamiyacho, Ropongi, Hiroo and Naka-Meguro on the Hibiya line.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't stop at Kita-Senju.

From my quick read of the railfan magazine article, couldn't tell if some or all seats would be reserved, or if it will operate in a similar way to Tobu's TJ liner where the ticket tells you to sit (or stand) in the front or rear 5 cars.

The service will use new Tobu 70090 series EMUs that can convert between transverse and longitudinal seating, and because I never posted about these new trains, I have to post a video of one being delivered. 🙂

Video by Masaharu Aono. Set on its way from Kinki Sharyo.

https://railf.jp/news/2019/12/19/150000.html

• Like 3

Interestingly enough, it doesn't stop at Kita-Senju.

That's because this is a rush hour only service, transporting commuters from the outer suburbs to the city core, and vice versa. Kita Senju is not a major destination for these commuters (it's primarily a retail services and residential hub, not corporate offices), and it is adequately served by many other trains.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Thanks 1

Oh no! I wish I didn't see this post! Since this is something I'm actively trying to model, that means I'll need to buy at least one of these sets when they come out! Assuming that Greenmax makes them one of these days.

Ah, I can feel it in my wallet already...😒

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's running now!

https://railf.jp/news/2020/03/21/190500.html

Compares the 70000 and 70090,  turn on auto translate captions and you get the general idea.

Speaking of the Hibiya line, the 03 series are completely retired from Metro duties and are now on the Kumamoto and Nagano railways. Tokyo metro refused to have a farewell service, because last time they did that with the 6000 series, the crowd of railfans 'caused inconvenience'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TH Liner being delivered with a pink Chichibu Deki on the front and a blue Deki on the back.  Video by  shinkyuvideo.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, katoftw said:

Will I be cast out if I say the pink deki looks good?

Only if you think it should be decorated with "Hello Kitty".

Oh...

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

It’s just missing hello kitty...

Ah well, it was nice knowing you, Jeff! 😉

• Haha 4

Sorry for repetitive posting. Here's a video of a TH Liner service. I think the first.

In other Hibiya Line news, now that the number of doors on trains on this line has been unified to four, Platform doors can be installed. Installation began a couple of months ago. 

• Like 1
On 3/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, RossDensha said:

the crowd of railfans 'caused inconvenience'

I watched a video today of the TH Liner at Kasumigaseki, where a Tokyo Metro employee could be seen walking along the platform holding a no camera sign!

Edited by RossDensha