ANA changed my flight.

Sascha

I booked my trip to Tokyo for the end of March with ANA. They changed my return flight from Narita to Haneda. On my reservation it says 'Subject to government approval'. Does this mean that ANA is changing all  their flights to Haneda? I would rather fly out from Narita, since there is the little Sake store at the Naritasan Shinshoji Temple where I buy 3 bottles to take home every time I visit Japan.

I think a lot of airlines are moving to Haneda if they can get slots.  From what I have read, it seems Haneda will be getting the bulk of international flights.  We usually fly Delta and they are moving there.

Not sure how helpful this may be but on my recent trip we flew into Narita and out of Haneda.  From Tokyo, I found the trip to be very easy and quick (from where we were staying).  Took the monorail which was fun and Haneda was easy to navigate with lots of shopping and dining options as well as a great observation deck.

Tony

From the musings I read on the interent regards Japans temp visitors, eg tourists.  Most prefer Haneda due to the proximity to the great Tokyo area.  And some people have picked routes/airline the fly into Haneda over Narita for this reason.  So yes if Airlines can get a slot in Haneda, they will go for it.

Haneda does not have the capacity to handle all the international stuff. However, as slots open up or are reconfigured at Haneda, airlines are taking them as some people prefer it, and also it opens up new overall capacity for those airlines who can get the slots.