1/24th scale Toden 6000 series tram kit.

marknewton

Yes, and so is the detail on the truck. I really don't need to start any more projects in another scale, but this is SO tempting.

Cheers,

Mark.

Folks,

At 1:24 scale, the model track gauge for 4 ft 6 inch would be  2.166 inches, so about 2 3/16th. inches, may be 2 i/4 inches would be o.k.

Interested to see that each bogie has only one motor, I suspect that much of the Tokyo tram network was fairly flat, so two motor cars would do the job.

On  a slightly different matter, I wonder what the double red diamonds on each end of the bumpers signified?

Not sure if other systems used these symbols.

Regards, 

Bill,

Melbourne.

• Like 1

Bill, a lot of the bogie cars on Japanese systems were two-motor cars. Like Tokyo, few had any serious grades that would have required four-motor cars. The Nagasaki, ex-Sendai car we have at Loftus was a two-motor car in both cities. The obvious exception of course is Hakodate.

I believe the red diamonds on the bumpers are simply for visibility, much like the similar markings on Hankai Tramway cars.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark, 

Thanks for your comments, certainly many Japanese tram cities were pretty flat, not like Sydney or Melbourne!. 

Don't forget that Hakodate, being 4' 6" gauge, had some ex-Tokyo cars, later versions than the model, these would have been two motor jobs.

Some of these cars ran in their Tokyo livery, Mustard with the red stripe, but with the Hakodate Mon.

Saw some of these many years ago during a visit to Hakodate, they seem to have handled the grades there o.k. but might have been used on the flatter routes.

Regards, 

Bill,

Melbourne.