i found a vid Japanese trains in the snow

Jimbo

I tried to share it, but couldn't,, Then when I went back latter to try again I couldn't find it??  It was on YouTube,, Sorry my eyes are tired, an this may be in the wrong forum ??

If you remember in wich period you found it, try to use the "internet history" function on your browser (Ctrl+H) and then check the youtube videos listed there starting from the last you watched.

Also, please, provide a much details as you can (such as location, rolling stock involved, setting, era/period...), your description of the video is too generic.

Edited by Socimi

Bill that's it!!!! Thank you,,, As much as I hate the snow an cold at my age I found this to be very beautiful an peaceful!!     my question is one sees sprinklers,, is that a brine mix they spray??    I knew they have snow there  But didn't know they got that much!

Edited by Jimbo
forgot something
  • Like 1

I was watching some videos of japanese railways in the snow yesterday as well, what a coincidence.  They are indeed very peaceful.  

Here is a short documentary about how JNR dealt with the snow back in the day, its marvelous that people preserved this footage so we can look back and see what life was like back then.

• Like 1

my question is one sees sprinklers,, is that a brine mix they spray??

It's heated water.  You see this in Honshu on the Japan Sea side and some inland areas where the temps don't go much below zero and the snow is wet and heavy.  They don't do this up in Hokkaido where it's much colder and the water would just melt the snow a bit and then freeze, making a mess.

• Like 1

that answered that question,, Thanks,, Being from the frozen north, where are temps in winter  from below 0 F to maybe highs in the 30s,  water on steel an bare ground = ice !   All you people in here are Great to learn from!!