bikkuri bahn

Slated to start running on the Hakodate Main Line between Otaru and Oshamambe at the spring timetable revision in March of next year. These will eventually replace the kiha 40 type.

Delivery of 6 units back in September. Various southern Hokkaido locales:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Same. I could get used to the front but the livery is really underwhelming and blend. I would have hoped for more What does "DECMO" stands for or means?

Diesel Electric Car with MOtors.  Diesel Electrics seem to be new for DMU trains in Japan, or at least revitalized, isn't the H100 co-develeped with JR East?  And JR Kyushu just did one right, YC1 or something.

Edited by EdF

Thanks. I see, I don't know why they would think it is an important information to have so pro-eminently on a livery. This kind of branding is a bit awkward, like the Hybrid Resort branding by JR East.

The H100 is the same design as JR East GV-E400系.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, EdF said:

Diesel Electric Car with MOtors.  Diesel Electrics seem to be new for DMU trains in Japan, or at least revitalized, isn't the H100 co-develeped with JR East?  And JR Kyushu just did one right, YC1 or something.

Isn't the JR Hokkaido H100 a slightly modified version of the JR East GV-E400 that is starting to enter service in the Niigata area?